Norfolk mum writes about time - a constant presence living with her terminally ill four-year-old son
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norfolk mother Kyra Welch writes about her experiences with her terminally ill four-year-old son Kaiden Griffin at Christmas. Kaiden, who grew up in North Creake, near Fakenham, and now lives in Holt, has a congenital heart defect.
Dear time, The most beautiful aspect of life.
From the beginning, I've hated you, I've loved you, I've needed you.
I hated you, I hated you so much.
You were never going to give me all the time I need with my son, there were things in his life I will never get to see.
I won't be able to watch my son grow old, fall in love, have children, or just live his life. You were never going to give me that time, and I hated you for it.
I hate that time is endless but he'll never get to realise that.
- 1 'One in a million' town haberdasher dies at 80
- 2 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 5 Sinkhole delays should be over 'today'
- 6 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 7 Holiday let plan for farm's former train wagons
- 8 Mammoths 'return' to north Norfolk in GoGo sculpture trail
- 9 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 10 Popular 'cheese with no name' finally gets a name
I hate that there are people in this world that do not deserve you and there's people like us that need you.
I loved you.
Your still holding out, we are on borrowed time and every single day I am so grateful to you for that.
I remember when he was in hospital and I used to imagine just sitting in the garden in the sun and just watching the world go by,
I didn't think we would get to do that.
But we did, because we had time.
I love that you have given us time to make the most incredible, unforgettable memories.
It just hurts knowing that one day it will all be a memory. Because we didn't have enough time.