Norfolk MP Norman Lamb praised for mental health campaigning
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb's mental health campaigning has been praised by ex-Secretary of State Lord Blunkett.
The former Labour Home Secretary, who became the UK's first blind Cabinet Minister, praised Mr Lamb for his dedication to mental health campaigning at an event in Parliament organised by the overseas disability charity CBM.
Lord Blunkett said: 'Norman Lamb has done enormous work in highlighting the critical issues around mental health.'
The reception brought together parliamentarians, CBM supporters and international development sector leaders to raise awareness of the exclusion faced by people with disabilities and, in particular, those living with mental ill health.
Four out of five people with mental illness live in low- and middle-income countries where most receive little or no support.
You may also want to watch:
Lord Blunkett added: 'If we know that mental health is a massive issue here in the UK, imagine the scale of the problem in developing countries.'
- 1 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 4 Fourteen green spaces in Norfolk named among best in UK
- 5 New cancer care centre officially opens on north coast
- 6 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 7 Bonfire Night fireworks to return to town
- 8 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 9 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop
- 10 Town commuters stuck in 30 minute delays due to temporary traffic lights