Norfolk League round-up: Schoolboy takes four-wicket haul during loss
- Credit: PA
The weather wreaked havoc with the schedule as all Division One fixtures fell foul of the rain, writes Mike Ridout.
In Division Two, two games were played, Garboldisham A making 180 runs in 45 overs then proving too good for Costessey and winning by 30 runs. An exciting game at Saxlingham saw the home side post 214 in 40 overs, led by Ollie Browne with 102, against Drayton.
Confidence was no doubt high when early wickets fell, but with Ran Bharath making 66 and Kalpesh Malashwari finishing with 63 not out Drayton got over the winning line with a couple of overs to spare.
In Division Three East, table-topping Overstrand recorded another maximum win. Billy Yarham (50), Dave Yarham (62, 4-13) and Lee West (5-36) ensured Old Catton were never really in the hunt. Gillingham, not to be outdone, kept the pressure up with a maximum points win at home to Aylsham St Giles. Kevin Springhall (78) and Jordan Barber (59, 3-2) shone for the victors.
In 3W, Ed Mead (57no) and Marcus Webb (4-57) helped North Elmham win at Hethersett & Tas Valley. In 4E Acle B won by 80 runs at home, mainly due to Joe Flat's 4-7. In 4W, Robert Leech's 73no and 13-year-old Lewis Hart's 4-24 was not enough to prevent Garboldisham C losing to Rocklands A by one wicket.
You may also want to watch:
In 5E, Southwold won at leaders Beeston to increase the pressure on them at the top while 5W table-toppers Beetley were not to be denied as they saw off Mundford A. Old Buckenham C enjoyed a successful trip to Swanton Morley A.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 3 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 4 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 New veterinary practice to set open in former Cromer GP surgery
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Conservatives hold on in Broadland
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 North Norfolk brewery uses lockdown to create its strongest ever beer