Norfolk League round-up: Batsman Carter helps Happisburgh maintain unbeaten start
- Credit: PA
In Norfolk League Division One both Blundeston and Happisburgh remain unbeaten, writes Mike Ridout.
Jamie Carter's fine form continued with 65 not out as Happisburgh beat Rollesby. Tim Simms (6-22) helped restrict Kirkley & Lowestoft Railway despite half centuries for Jamie Ayers and Chris Lambert. Graham Talbot scored a half century in Blundeston's reply.
Cringleford Lodge were outplayed by East Harling, Stuart Hilton taking 4-30 and Stuart Wells 3-31. They were backed up by Rob Free's 79no and Ross Pickerall's 37no as Cringleford's total was passed without loss. Chris Cropley (76) and George Sowery (6-52) helped Belton overcome Felthorpe.
Tom Quinten's 61 was eclipsed by Mariya Babu's 6-32 as Drayton beat St Andrews in Division Two, while Paul Sprong (111) and James Sneddon (88) helped Ketteringham Hall amass a target that was too much for Sprowston B. Eaton are still unbeaten after defeating Costessey.
In 3E, Alex Stevens' 50no and Darren Fowles' 5-12 meant Garboldisham defeated Hales & Loddon. Elsewhere, Dave Yarham, ably supported by Danny Shreeve (54), hit 64 as Overstrand beat Aylsham. In 3W, Ian Harrison (62) and Ross Jones (57) helped Hethersett & Tas Valley B overcome Hingham to go top. Ty Thakker (64) and Chris Rymarz (4-20) ensured Rackheath won again.
You may also want to watch:
In Division 4E, Vince Cox (83), 13-year-old Toby Adams (60), Owen Gooch, 15, (58) and the bowling of Alex Quinten, 14, ensured Acle B defeated Great Yarmouth A. Old Catton B beat Garboldisham C in 4W with Raj Kumar (Catton) and Johnny Wyatt (Garboldisham) both making centuries. New Buckenham's Pete Marshall took 4-13 as Rocklands A were restricted to 118 and failed to stop their total being surpassed.
Chris Woods (58), Robert Wall (52), Adie Greef (4-27) and Clive Parke (4-34) ensured Beeston bounced back from last week's defeat with a good win over Brooke B in Division 5E. Hardingham B's Harry Styles scored 89 and took 2-16 as Hardingham won.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 3 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 4 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 New veterinary practice to set open in former Cromer GP surgery
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Conservatives hold on in Broadland
- 10 Mobile Post Office to come to two north Norfolk villages
In 5W Thornham remain undefeated, as do Beetley for whom Mike Calvert and Mark Hinchcliffe both took 4-10 against Old Buckenham C. Reepham won scoring 200, despite Mundford's Owen Chandler taking 7-36, and Dereham B chased down 189 to see off North Elmham A.