Can you help Norfolk firm celebrate its 250th anniversary?
- Credit: Archant
An iconic Norfolk name is celebrating its 250th anniversary in 2020.
Over the decades and centuries, Bakers and Larners of Holt has evolved from its origins as a blacksmith, brewer, ironmonger, plumber and even a builder into the multi-faceted 13,000sq ft department store of today.
The Baker family has remained at the helm throughout.
As part of the firm's celebrations, it is looking to customers, past members of staff and budding historians to help with certain historic requests.
Michael Baker, managing director, Bakers and Larners of Holt, said: 'We are looking to find the family that has the most members who have worked for Bakers and Larners.
You may also want to watch:
'We also need the family with the longest-running business connections with the company, and any historic information regarding the Bakers or Larners of Holt stores.
'All those who assist will be entered into a Bakers and Larners champagne prize draw. Feedback is gratefully received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Bakers and Larners of Holt, 8-12 Market Place, Holt, Norfolk, NR25 6BW.'
- 1 When 13-year-old Prince Philip visited Cromer following crab boat disaster
- 2 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 3 'How it should be' - Cromer abuzz as businesses reopen
- 4 £500 grant paves way for new swimmers
- 5 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 6 'We love the town sentimentally' - Holt opticians firm opens 10th store in lockdown
- 7 Police and community fridge to be discussed at Sheringham town meeting
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Seal trips braced for busy season ahead - but quiet first day after easing
- 10 North Walsham gym to re-open despite vaccinations continuing
While the property at 8, Market Place, Holt, was built in 1631, the date set in the west gable, the Baker family did not get involved in running it as a shop until the 1760s or 1770s.
On November 22, 1900 the firm was incorporated as CT Baker Ltd.
Today. The CT Baker group has a turnover of approximately £20m and employs over 275 staff within the three divisions, department store, builders' merchants and Budgens supermarkets.