Can you help Norfolk firm celebrate its 250th anniversary?
- Credit: Archant
An iconic Norfolk name is celebrating its 250th anniversary in 2020.
Over the decades and centuries, Bakers and Larners of Holt has evolved from its origins as a blacksmith, brewer, ironmonger, plumber and even a builder into the multi-faceted 13,000sq ft department store of today.
The Baker family has remained at the helm throughout.
As part of the firm's celebrations, it is looking to customers, past members of staff and budding historians to help with certain historic requests.
Michael Baker, managing director, Bakers and Larners of Holt, said: 'We are looking to find the family that has the most members who have worked for Bakers and Larners.
'We also need the family with the longest-running business connections with the company, and any historic information regarding the Bakers or Larners of Holt stores.
'All those who assist will be entered into a Bakers and Larners champagne prize draw. Feedback is gratefully received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Bakers and Larners of Holt, 8-12 Market Place, Holt, Norfolk, NR25 6BW.'
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
While the property at 8, Market Place, Holt, was built in 1631, the date set in the west gable, the Baker family did not get involved in running it as a shop until the 1760s or 1770s.
On November 22, 1900 the firm was incorporated as CT Baker Ltd.
Today. The CT Baker group has a turnover of approximately £20m and employs over 275 staff within the three divisions, department store, builders' merchants and Budgens supermarkets.