Norfolk disabled people in London film premiere
A talented group of disabled people from Norfolk have travelled to London today to premiere their new film about disability to an audience of famous names at Westminster.
The film, Don't Dis Me I'm Able, is a celebration of disability which has been made by members of the Norfolk Youth Forum for Young Disabled People.
The film is being shown to MPs, peers, celebrities and disability campaigners at Portcullis House today and is the culmination of six months of hard work.
Members of the group, who come from across the county, had no film-making experience at all until the start of the project and after being shown the basics were given the task of putting together a short film which explores the lives and aspirations of their disabled heroes.
It also includes an insight into their own lives as well as featuring interviews with a number of famous faces including former Home Secretary David Blunkett, paralympians Dame Tanni Grey Thompson and Ade Adepitian, actor Matt Fraser and TV presenter Cerrie Burnell.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Golding, a youth worker at the Norfolk Coalition of Disabled People's Youth Forum, said: 'The messages we've got from the people we went to interview have been really positive and really inspiring just telling it how it is. That's the group wanted to do - just tell the world what it's like for them. Disability is a normal part of life - that's one of the messages we want to get through. There's still a huge fear around disability and I think this film is good because it breaks down some of that fear or at least I hope it will.'
For more details log onto www.ncodp.org.uk/youth-forum.
- 1 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 2 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 7 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 8 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 9 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 10 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule