Joy for care home residents with gift of tablet
- Credit: Archant
Care home residents can now Skype and FaceTime with their families, thanks to the gift of a Samsung galaxy tablet.
Karen Powley, manager at the Mount in Aylsham, said it had raised everyone’s mood during the uncertainty of the coronavirus pandemic.
She said: “The home is on lockdown so our residents are not seeing their families.
“I was absolutely delighted when I was asked if we would like a free tablet so that our residents can keep in touch with their families.
“Our residents are delighted they can finally see their relatives again. It might only be on a screen but it has raised the mood of individuals.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say a big thank you to Aylsham Round Table members, without whom we wouldn’t have this great opportunity.”
MORE: Coronavirus: Digital school lets children work from homeThe Mount is a 22-bedroom all-male residential home that cares for people with mental health conditions, dementia and physical disabilities .
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters