Joy for care home residents with gift of tablet
- Credit: Archant
Care home residents can now Skype and FaceTime with their families, thanks to the gift of a Samsung galaxy tablet.
Karen Powley, manager at the Mount in Aylsham, said it had raised everyone’s mood during the uncertainty of the coronavirus pandemic.
She said: “The home is on lockdown so our residents are not seeing their families.
“I was absolutely delighted when I was asked if we would like a free tablet so that our residents can keep in touch with their families.
“Our residents are delighted they can finally see their relatives again. It might only be on a screen but it has raised the mood of individuals.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say a big thank you to Aylsham Round Table members, without whom we wouldn’t have this great opportunity.”
MORE: Coronavirus: Digital school lets children work from homeThe Mount is a 22-bedroom all-male residential home that cares for people with mental health conditions, dementia and physical disabilities .
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?