Joy for care home residents with gift of tablet
- Credit: Archant
Care home residents can now Skype and FaceTime with their families, thanks to the gift of a Samsung galaxy tablet.
Karen Powley, manager at the Mount in Aylsham, said it had raised everyone’s mood during the uncertainty of the coronavirus pandemic.
She said: “The home is on lockdown so our residents are not seeing their families.
“I was absolutely delighted when I was asked if we would like a free tablet so that our residents can keep in touch with their families.
“Our residents are delighted they can finally see their relatives again. It might only be on a screen but it has raised the mood of individuals.
“I would like to say a big thank you to Aylsham Round Table members, without whom we wouldn’t have this great opportunity.”
MORE: Coronavirus: Digital school lets children work from homeThe Mount is a 22-bedroom all-male residential home that cares for people with mental health conditions, dementia and physical disabilities .
- 1 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 2 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 3 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 4 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 7 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 8 Scarlett-Rose gets the chop for children's charity
- 9 Christmas service returns to crematorium
- 10 Review: Cromer Pier Christmas Show at the Pavilion Theatre, Cromer