Norfolk Broads one of England’s top tourist destinations
The quest to make the Norfolk Broads a top international holiday destination has received a major boost yesterday.
The Broads have become one of just four of Visit England's 'Pathfinder' destinations, giving national recognition to the quality on offer for tourists.
Chief executive of Visit England, James Berresford, officially announced that the Broads has been selected - along with Manchester, Bath and the Peak District - in a ceremony at Norfolk Broads Direct in Wroxham.
These four places will receive special promotion from Visit England to try and ensure they become internationally recognised as great holiday spots.
Mr Berresford re-launched the website www.enjoythebroads.com and its accompanying tourism brochure, saying: 'I visited the Broads for the first time in a long time last summer and was hugely taken with how unique, beautiful and special the area is.
You may also want to watch:
'Other countries are always trying to attract the English abroad but we are saying that there is plenty right here in England as well.
'Lovely destinations like the Broads show people that they have a choice.'
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 7 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 8 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches