'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- Credit: Archant
A travel bible has named a number of Norfolk's beaches in its list of the UK's best.
Travel magazine, Conde Nast Traveller, named Holkham, Hunstanton, Brancaster, Cromer and Sheringham on its list of the 44 best beaches in the UK.
The guide described Holkham beach as "lunar-like" and praised its "four miles of golden sands backed by pine woods and huge sand dunes".
Hunstanton was praised for having "all the best bits of a quintessential British seaside resort", while it described Brancaster as one of the most dog friendly beaches in the UK.
It said Cromer was the place to go for a "truly British beach holiday", while it was seduced by Sheringham's "romantic" appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Beaches just a stones throw away in Suffolk included on the list were Walberswick, Dunwich, Southwold and Aldeburgh.
The magazine urged people to travel responsibly being "mindful of social-distancing guidelines as well as the fragility of the beautiful local environment you are visiting".
- 1 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 4 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 7 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 Town church to hold memorial service for Prince Philip tomorrow
- 10 Pubs and shops to open on Monday: what else can I do when restrictions are eased?