Village pub has chance at award for being a ‘warm and welcoming venue for breastfeeding’
- Credit: Archant
Village pub the Gunton Arms has been nominated for a national award for being a 'warm and welcoming venue for breastfeeding'.
The Thorpe Market venue is in the running for the Feed With Confidence Award, which is being run by breastfeeding product producer Lansinoh.
A mum, who nominated pub, said: 'As a first-time mum, I was nervous of going out for a meal with our little one.
'When she needed a feed, our waiter at the Gunton Arms was really supportive, checking that I was okay and bringing me a glass of water. We need more supportive places like this in Norfolk.'
Lansinoh said the UK has one of the world's lowest rates of breastfeeding, although the Equality Act 2010 made it illegal to ask a woman to stop breastfeeding in public.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations for the awards, which drew hundreds of entries from across the country last year, close on December 31.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 9 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip