Village pub has chance at award for being a ‘warm and welcoming venue for breastfeeding’
- Credit: Archant
Village pub the Gunton Arms has been nominated for a national award for being a 'warm and welcoming venue for breastfeeding'.
The Thorpe Market venue is in the running for the Feed With Confidence Award, which is being run by breastfeeding product producer Lansinoh.
A mum, who nominated pub, said: 'As a first-time mum, I was nervous of going out for a meal with our little one.
'When she needed a feed, our waiter at the Gunton Arms was really supportive, checking that I was okay and bringing me a glass of water. We need more supportive places like this in Norfolk.'
Lansinoh said the UK has one of the world's lowest rates of breastfeeding, although the Equality Act 2010 made it illegal to ask a woman to stop breastfeeding in public.
Nominations for the awards, which drew hundreds of entries from across the country last year, close on December 31.
- 1 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 2 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 3 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
- 4 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 5 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 6 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 7 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 8 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 9 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 10 Sheringham councillor memorialised at The Reef