Railway author signing copies of his latest book in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Well-known railway author and lecturer Nigel Digby will be signing copies of his latest book in north Norfolk.
The Liveries of the Pre-Grouping Railways is a four-volume series published by Lightmoor Press depicting the colours worn by the locomotives, carriages and wagons of the standard gauge steam railways of Great Britain before the First World War.
Volume Two presents the liveries of the railways in the East of England and Scotland which became part of the London and North Eastern Railway in 1923. This includes celebrated local Norfolk lines, the Midland & Great Northern Joint Railway and the Great Eastern Railway.
Originally published as a series of illustrated articles in British Railway Modelling magazine, this edition brings them together.
Mr Digby, who lives in Cromer, will be book-signing at Jarrold in Church Street, Cromer from 11am to 1pm on Saturday, December 1, and at Weybourne station on Sunday, December 2, from 1pm to 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 3 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans