News office at Cromer marks 10th anniversary
Creating another story was a piece of cake for the News team on Monday.
Work stopped briefly to mark the 10th anniversary of the Church Street office, which saw the paper step back into the main street after two previous office locations.
Former receptionist Diane Hartley dropped in with a cake she had made bearing the paper's lighthouse logo, which was enjoyed by staff and visiting local writer and entertainer Keith Skipper who timed his daily visit to perfection to join the party moment.
Editor Richard Batson, who cut the cake, said: 'It is good to celebrate our presence in the heart of the town, and heart of the wider community in north Norfolk.
'We welcome people dropping in with their story ideas, concerns, advertising queries and photo orders - but we cannot promise there will be any cake left.'
You may also want to watch:
Visit the News office at 31 Church Street, Cromer or call us on 01263 513172.
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 5 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 8 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021