New student leaders at Paston College
Students at Paston Sixth Form College have elected their new representatives for 2011-2012.
A-level students Joe Phillips, 17, from Trunch, emerged as president and Alistair Green, 16, from North Walsham, as vice-president in a hard-fought contest involving six candidates.
Joe who was at Cromer High School, is taking AS courses this year in biology, chemistry, maths and physics. Alistair, a former North Walsham High School student, is studying critical thinking, English language and literature, history, law and psychology
They will lead the student representatives' group at the 750-plus student college which organises fund-raising and social events and, as the student executive, provide a direct channel of communication with college principal Peter Mayne and his senior team.
Joe and Alistair become full members of the Paston Corporation, or governing body, and so will be part of decision-making processes at the highest level.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'