New skate park given the thumbs up by young skateboarders, scooter riders and BMX bikers
- Credit: Archant
A skate park built to replace a previous facility demolished to make way for a new £10.7 million leisure centre taking shape at Sheringham has given the seal of approval by young skateboarders, scooter riders and BMX bikers.
The design of the £150,000, wave-shaped park behind Splash Leisure Centre, on Weybourne Road, was based on a 'wish list' submitted to Dorset-based concrete skate park specialists Maverick.
The park is made up of three main sections, including a main area with steps for 'street riding', as well as quarter-pipe slope at one end and a curved 'bowl' at the other.
Sheringham Skate Park committee chairman Rob Sayles, who has been involved with the park for more than ten years, said the new facility was a 'massive improvement' that had exceeded all expectations.
'The kids absolutely love it and I don't think anyone envisaged how much bigger and better it would be than the old one,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 3 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 7 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 10 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea