New sighting of panther-like cat
A NEW sighting has been made of the mysterious big black cat said to prowl north Norfolk.In recent weeks there have been reported sightings of the panther-like animal near Aylsham and Aylmerton and now the beast has been spotted in North Elmham.
A NEW sighting has been made of the mysterious big black cat said to prowl north Norfolk.
In recent weeks there have been reported sightings of the panther-like animal near Aylsham and Aylmerton and now the beast has been spotted in North Elmham.
Daphne and Reg Ivany, from Dereham, saw the animal while they were walking near the County School railway track on February 20. Mr Ivany said the cat was about 50 yards away in an adjacent field.
He said: 'We wondered what it was at first. It was bigger than a dog. It had a long body and a long bushy tail. From the side view you could see it had a square jaw. It seemed to glide along like a cat.
'We also spoke to a lady who said she had seen the cat twice before but that nobody had believed her.'
**IF you have seen the big black cat let us know. E-mail associate editor Ivor Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring him on 01603 772461.
- 1 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
- 4 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 5 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 6 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 7 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 8 Sheringham councillor memorialised at The Reef
- 9 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 10 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!