New sighting of panther-like cat
A NEW sighting has been made of the mysterious big black cat said to prowl north Norfolk.In recent weeks there have been reported sightings of the panther-like animal near Aylsham and Aylmerton and now the beast has been spotted in North Elmham.
A NEW sighting has been made of the mysterious big black cat said to prowl north Norfolk.
In recent weeks there have been reported sightings of the panther-like animal near Aylsham and Aylmerton and now the beast has been spotted in North Elmham.
Daphne and Reg Ivany, from Dereham, saw the animal while they were walking near the County School railway track on February 20. Mr Ivany said the cat was about 50 yards away in an adjacent field.
He said: 'We wondered what it was at first. It was bigger than a dog. It had a long body and a long bushy tail. From the side view you could see it had a square jaw. It seemed to glide along like a cat.
You may also want to watch:
'We also spoke to a lady who said she had seen the cat twice before but that nobody had believed her.'
**IF you have seen the big black cat let us know. E-mail associate editor Ivor Harvey at email@example.com or ring him on 01603 772461.
- 1 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 2 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 3 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 4 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 7 Hospital gets a brand new MRI machine
- 8 Man who died after falling from cliff took his own life, inquest rules
- 9 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 10 Car dealership volunteers run transport service to Covid jabs