New sighting of panther-like cat
A NEW sighting has been made of the mysterious big black cat said to prowl north Norfolk.In recent weeks there have been reported sightings of the panther-like animal near Aylsham and Aylmerton and now the beast has been spotted in North Elmham.
A NEW sighting has been made of the mysterious big black cat said to prowl north Norfolk.
In recent weeks there have been reported sightings of the panther-like animal near Aylsham and Aylmerton and now the beast has been spotted in North Elmham.
Daphne and Reg Ivany, from Dereham, saw the animal while they were walking near the County School railway track on February 20. Mr Ivany said the cat was about 50 yards away in an adjacent field.
He said: 'We wondered what it was at first. It was bigger than a dog. It had a long body and a long bushy tail. From the side view you could see it had a square jaw. It seemed to glide along like a cat.
You may also want to watch:
'We also spoke to a lady who said she had seen the cat twice before but that nobody had believed her.'
**IF you have seen the big black cat let us know. E-mail associate editor Ivor Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring him on 01603 772461.
- 1 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 2 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 3 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 4 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 5 Welcome to our new website
- 6 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 7 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 9 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 10 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads