New sighting of panther-like cat
A NEW sighting has been made of the mysterious big black cat said to prowl north Norfolk.In recent weeks there have been reported sightings of the panther-like animal near Aylsham and Aylmerton and now the beast has been spotted in North Elmham.
A NEW sighting has been made of the mysterious big black cat said to prowl north Norfolk.
In recent weeks there have been reported sightings of the panther-like animal near Aylsham and Aylmerton and now the beast has been spotted in North Elmham.
Daphne and Reg Ivany, from Dereham, saw the animal while they were walking near the County School railway track on February 20. Mr Ivany said the cat was about 50 yards away in an adjacent field.
He said: 'We wondered what it was at first. It was bigger than a dog. It had a long body and a long bushy tail. From the side view you could see it had a square jaw. It seemed to glide along like a cat.
You may also want to watch:
'We also spoke to a lady who said she had seen the cat twice before but that nobody had believed her.'
**IF you have seen the big black cat let us know. E-mail associate editor Ivor Harvey at email@example.com or ring him on 01603 772461.
- 1 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 2 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 3 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 4 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 8 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 9 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 10 Is this the ultimate Norfolk road trip?