‘Relatives’ room’ plans for Norfolk hospital
- Credit: Archant
Plans are being made to add a 'relatives' room' at North Walsham War Memorial Hospital.
The facility, in a former team meeting room, will be paid for by donations channelled through the hospital's friends' group, and will allow people from across the country visiting patients to stay overnight, closer to their loved one.
There are also plans to brighten up a brick wall view from a ward window with a mural using the art skills of students at Paston College.
The plans were discussed at the friends' group's annual meeting, which also saw two long-serving committee members, Nancy Downey and Jim Hardy, step down. A new committee was confirmed, which includes chairman Keith Jarvis, secretary Angie Batson, treasurer Carol Willgress and members Richard Batson, Zana Jarvis, Margaret Johnson, James Plummer, and Sue Yaxley.
Highlights from the past year have included opening of a £22,000 day room.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 5 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 9 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country