‘Relatives’ room’ plans for Norfolk hospital
- Credit: Archant
Plans are being made to add a 'relatives' room' at North Walsham War Memorial Hospital.
The facility, in a former team meeting room, will be paid for by donations channelled through the hospital's friends' group, and will allow people from across the country visiting patients to stay overnight, closer to their loved one.
There are also plans to brighten up a brick wall view from a ward window with a mural using the art skills of students at Paston College.
The plans were discussed at the friends' group's annual meeting, which also saw two long-serving committee members, Nancy Downey and Jim Hardy, step down. A new committee was confirmed, which includes chairman Keith Jarvis, secretary Angie Batson, treasurer Carol Willgress and members Richard Batson, Zana Jarvis, Margaret Johnson, James Plummer, and Sue Yaxley.
Highlights from the past year have included opening of a £22,000 day room.
- 1 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 2 New woodfired pizza restaurant could open in Norfolk town
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 See inside 'stylish' barn conversion for sale in north Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk man dressed as Henry VIII launches special Jubilee railway
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Guide to North Norfolk events
- 10 Neighbourhood plan takes another step forward