‘Relatives’ room’ plans for Norfolk hospital
- Credit: Archant
Plans are being made to add a 'relatives' room' at North Walsham War Memorial Hospital.
The facility, in a former team meeting room, will be paid for by donations channelled through the hospital's friends' group, and will allow people from across the country visiting patients to stay overnight, closer to their loved one.
There are also plans to brighten up a brick wall view from a ward window with a mural using the art skills of students at Paston College.
The plans were discussed at the friends' group's annual meeting, which also saw two long-serving committee members, Nancy Downey and Jim Hardy, step down. A new committee was confirmed, which includes chairman Keith Jarvis, secretary Angie Batson, treasurer Carol Willgress and members Richard Batson, Zana Jarvis, Margaret Johnson, James Plummer, and Sue Yaxley.
Highlights from the past year have included opening of a £22,000 day room.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 2 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 3 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 4 How dairy?! See town's ice-cream cone Christmas tree
- 5 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 6 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 7 Village's shops transform into giant advent calendar
- 8 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 9 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 10 13 schools closed due to Covid cases and heating problems