New reserve volunteers needed for Sheringham RNLI shop
A north Norfolk RNLI branch is looking for new reserve volunteers to back up their current rota of helpers.
The Sheringham shop, in High Street, first opened in 1992 and currently relies on its 25 volunteers to cover the summer opening hours.
Now it needs to recruit more helpers to man the shop, which is open every day apart from Christmas Day.
Over the years the shop has evolved from selling items out of suitcases to a small cabin on the town's Robin Hood pub carpark, and finally to the premises on the High Street.
Shop manager, Anne Little, expalined that the numbers currently helping leaves no reserves should people be unable to work due to illness, holidays or unforeseen commitments and added it would be 'useful' to have some spares to call on in emergencies or to share duties.
Volunteers are usually paired to work in the shop and undergo training.
The shop is open from 9.30am to 1pm and 1.15pm to 5pm in the summer and 10am to 4.30pm in the winter. There is also a shop outlet located in Sheringham boathouse.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 7 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 8 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 9 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 10 House of Gucci - the Norfolk connection
• Anyone who is interested in volunteering can ring 01263 821601, email firstname.lastname@example.org or pop into the High Street shop.