New reserve volunteers needed for Sheringham RNLI shop
A north Norfolk RNLI branch is looking for new reserve volunteers to back up their current rota of helpers.
The Sheringham shop, in High Street, first opened in 1992 and currently relies on its 25 volunteers to cover the summer opening hours.
Now it needs to recruit more helpers to man the shop, which is open every day apart from Christmas Day.
Over the years the shop has evolved from selling items out of suitcases to a small cabin on the town's Robin Hood pub carpark, and finally to the premises on the High Street.
Shop manager, Anne Little, expalined that the numbers currently helping leaves no reserves should people be unable to work due to illness, holidays or unforeseen commitments and added it would be 'useful' to have some spares to call on in emergencies or to share duties.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers are usually paired to work in the shop and undergo training.
The shop is open from 9.30am to 1pm and 1.15pm to 5pm in the summer and 10am to 4.30pm in the winter. There is also a shop outlet located in Sheringham boathouse.
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 3 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 9 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
• Anyone who is interested in volunteering can ring 01263 821601, email email@example.com or pop into the High Street shop.