New plans for Mundesley shop
Plans have been put forward to turn a Mundesley shop into a domestic residence.
The proposals for The C21 Shop, in the High Street have been submitted to North Norfolk District Council and are currently under consideration.
Currently the first floor is a self-contained flat and the ground floor is a shop and gallery, but in a planning application to the council it states; 'Unfortunately the position at the far end of the commercial area of the High Street has not aided the current business and there has not been any interest from any quarter as far as the sale of the commercial premises are concerned.'
It is proposed to bring together the ground floor and first floor flat to form one dwelling, which would mean the part demolition of the front section of the single storey area of the shop.
Over the years the premises have been used for a variety of businesses including, a village bakery, cake shop and cafe/restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow