4 new notice boards installed at Norfolk beauty spot
- Credit: Archant
It's already attracting new visitors, including the wildlife kind, and a Norfolk beauty spot now boasts four new notice boards.
They have been installed along a 2.3-mile stretch of the North Walsham and Dilham Canal at Ebridge Lock, Spa Common, Royston Bridge and Swafield.
Tom Webster, a trustee with North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust, said: 'Walkers, dog owners, fishermen, canoeists, model-boat enthusiasts and wildlife fans flock to the canal throughout the year.
'These notice boards are already helping us to answer their questions about the canal and keep them up to date with what we're doing to restore this stretch.'
The boards were paid for from donations from North Walsham Town Council, Interconnector UK, based at Bacton Gas Terminals, and the Norfolk-area Ramblers' group.
You may also want to watch:
The canal was originally nearly nine miles long and the trust, formed in 2008, hopes to restore about 7.5 miles and four of the original six locks.
- 1 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 6 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 7 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 8 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 9 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 10 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts