4 new notice boards installed at Norfolk beauty spot
- Credit: Archant
It's already attracting new visitors, including the wildlife kind, and a Norfolk beauty spot now boasts four new notice boards.
They have been installed along a 2.3-mile stretch of the North Walsham and Dilham Canal at Ebridge Lock, Spa Common, Royston Bridge and Swafield.
Tom Webster, a trustee with North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust, said: 'Walkers, dog owners, fishermen, canoeists, model-boat enthusiasts and wildlife fans flock to the canal throughout the year.
'These notice boards are already helping us to answer their questions about the canal and keep them up to date with what we're doing to restore this stretch.'
The boards were paid for from donations from North Walsham Town Council, Interconnector UK, based at Bacton Gas Terminals, and the Norfolk-area Ramblers' group.
You may also want to watch:
The canal was originally nearly nine miles long and the trust, formed in 2008, hopes to restore about 7.5 miles and four of the original six locks.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 Body of missing 93-year-old man found in village
- 10 Council leader and both her critically-ill parents fighting Covid