4 new notice boards installed at Norfolk beauty spot
- Credit: Archant
It's already attracting new visitors, including the wildlife kind, and a Norfolk beauty spot now boasts four new notice boards.
They have been installed along a 2.3-mile stretch of the North Walsham and Dilham Canal at Ebridge Lock, Spa Common, Royston Bridge and Swafield.
Tom Webster, a trustee with North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust, said: 'Walkers, dog owners, fishermen, canoeists, model-boat enthusiasts and wildlife fans flock to the canal throughout the year.
'These notice boards are already helping us to answer their questions about the canal and keep them up to date with what we're doing to restore this stretch.'
The boards were paid for from donations from North Walsham Town Council, Interconnector UK, based at Bacton Gas Terminals, and the Norfolk-area Ramblers' group.
You may also want to watch:
The canal was originally nearly nine miles long and the trust, formed in 2008, hopes to restore about 7.5 miles and four of the original six locks.
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 5 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 6 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 7 Listed townhouse with 'most stunning' features is for sale for £595,000
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 10 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist