New maize maze promises fun-filled adventure for all the family
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk's latest visitor attraction opened its gates to the public this week, and was almost immediately hailed a success.
Eight feet tall and stretching across 10 acres, JR's Maize Maze, at North Walsham, is the latest addition to Rossi's leisure complex, which started life as a small indoor bowling centre more than 40 years ago.
The tenpin bowling-inspired maze, which was designed using GPS, also features a beach complete with buckets, spades and deckchairs, as well as a food shack selling burgers, nachos, hot dogs and ice cream.
Rossi's managing director Bruce Rossi said the maze, which had already received five-star online reviews by the end of its opening day on Monday, built on the success of Stomp indoor play area and Stomp Out, an outdoor play area which opened last year.
"We now offer all-day entertainment for families of all ages, whatever the weather," he added.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 6 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England