New maize maze promises fun-filled adventure for all the family
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk's latest visitor attraction opened its gates to the public this week, and was almost immediately hailed a success.
Eight feet tall and stretching across 10 acres, JR's Maize Maze, at North Walsham, is the latest addition to Rossi's leisure complex, which started life as a small indoor bowling centre more than 40 years ago.
The tenpin bowling-inspired maze, which was designed using GPS, also features a beach complete with buckets, spades and deckchairs, as well as a food shack selling burgers, nachos, hot dogs and ice cream.
Rossi's managing director Bruce Rossi said the maze, which had already received five-star online reviews by the end of its opening day on Monday, built on the success of Stomp indoor play area and Stomp Out, an outdoor play area which opened last year.
"We now offer all-day entertainment for families of all ages, whatever the weather," he added.
- 1 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 2 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 3 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 4 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 5 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 8 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 9 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways