New maize maze promises fun-filled adventure for all the family
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk's latest visitor attraction opened its gates to the public this week, and was almost immediately hailed a success.
Eight feet tall and stretching across 10 acres, JR's Maize Maze, at North Walsham, is the latest addition to Rossi's leisure complex, which started life as a small indoor bowling centre more than 40 years ago.
The tenpin bowling-inspired maze, which was designed using GPS, also features a beach complete with buckets, spades and deckchairs, as well as a food shack selling burgers, nachos, hot dogs and ice cream.
Rossi's managing director Bruce Rossi said the maze, which had already received five-star online reviews by the end of its opening day on Monday, built on the success of Stomp indoor play area and Stomp Out, an outdoor play area which opened last year.
"We now offer all-day entertainment for families of all ages, whatever the weather," he added.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 5 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Norfolk coastal trek named among best UK pub walks
- 8 Obituary: Blacksmith who began career in abandoned cowshed dies at 74
- 9 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk