New North Norfolk activity sessions for just £1
- Credit: Archant
Activity sessions from belly dancing to badminton will be on offer for people aged 50 and over across north Norfolk.
The classes are running at different community hubs across the district and cost £1 per session.
They can be joined at any stage during a 10 week programme.
Classes are part of the North Norfolk District Council's Sports Clubs and Hubs project and aim to get more people into sport.
The project has received £211,512 of National Lottery cash from Sport England's Community Sport Activation Fund.
You may also want to watch:
Glyn Williams, district council cabinet member for leisure and cultural services, said: 'I am delighted to see such a positive response from local people following the launch of this great project. It's encouraging to see that many of those who are already taking part are sharing their experiences with friends and family using social media. Our aim is for the activities to become self-supporting after three years, or even sooner if the interest is there, which I am sure it will be.'
As part of the project, the authority wants to provide sports ranging from street dancing, martial arts and boxing, to school children aged 14-25 from next month.
- 1 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 2 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 3 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 6 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 7 Two Norfolk towns to fight for share of £220m funding war chest
- 8 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 9 Delays remain but town traffic chaos eases with removal of lights
- 10 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
To book any of the activities and for more information visit www.northnorfolk.org/clubsandhubs or call Wyn Nurse on 01263 516305.