New North Norfolk activity sessions for just £1
- Credit: Archant
Activity sessions from belly dancing to badminton will be on offer for people aged 50 and over across north Norfolk.
The classes are running at different community hubs across the district and cost £1 per session.
They can be joined at any stage during a 10 week programme.
Classes are part of the North Norfolk District Council's Sports Clubs and Hubs project and aim to get more people into sport.
The project has received £211,512 of National Lottery cash from Sport England's Community Sport Activation Fund.
You may also want to watch:
Glyn Williams, district council cabinet member for leisure and cultural services, said: 'I am delighted to see such a positive response from local people following the launch of this great project. It's encouraging to see that many of those who are already taking part are sharing their experiences with friends and family using social media. Our aim is for the activities to become self-supporting after three years, or even sooner if the interest is there, which I am sure it will be.'
As part of the project, the authority wants to provide sports ranging from street dancing, martial arts and boxing, to school children aged 14-25 from next month.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 Body of missing 93-year-old man found in village
- 10 Council leader and both her critically-ill parents fighting Covid
To book any of the activities and for more information visit www.northnorfolk.org/clubsandhubs or call Wyn Nurse on 01263 516305.