NNDC leader John Lee reveals new cabinet
- Credit: Archant
A new cabinet at the North Norfolk District Council has been announced, under the leadership of John Lee.
Mr Lee, who took over from predecessor Tom FitzPatrick on February 21, has cut and combined a number of portfolios to create a reduced number of individuals in cabinet.
Mr Lee will preside over a cabinet of seven, where Mr FitzPatrick had a cabinet of 10.
Mr Lee will himself be taking on a portfolio, but will be swapping the coastal portfolio (his previous position) for corporate services.
The new cabinet compromises of:
You may also want to watch:
• Councillor John Lee: Leader of the Council and Chairman of Cabinet. Holding the portfolio for corporate services including legal, democratic, IT and HR services.
• Councillor Nigel Dixon: Deputy Leader, holding the portfolio for economic development, business and tourism.
- 1 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 9 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 10 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast
• Councillor Wyndham Northam: Finance, revenue and benefits.
• Councillor Richard Price: Property and asset commercialisation.
• Councillor Sue Arnold: Housing, planning, and planning policy.
• Councillor Becky Palmer: Leisure, culture, health and customer services.
• Councillor Hilary Cox: Environment, coast and licensing.
The portfolios of Councillor Judy Oliver, Councillor Maggie Prior, and Councillor Annie Claussen-Reynolds were absorbed into other roles, meaning they have been left out of cabinet.
Mr FitzPatrick's cabinet was made up of:
• Councillor Annie Claussen-Reynolds: Waste and Environmental Services
• Councillor Nigel Dixon: Deputy leader and portfolio holder for business and economic development.
• Councillor Tom FitzPatrick: Leader of the council and chairman of the cabinet.
• Councillor John Lee: Coastal.
• Councillor Wyndham Northam: Financial Services.
• Councillor Judy Oliver: Corporate assets and asset commercialisation.
• Councillor Becky Palmer: Community liason and engagement, and customer services.
• Councillor Richard Price: Housing.
• Councillor Maggie Prior: Leisure and culture.
• Councillor Sue Arnold: Planning.