NNDC leader John Lee reveals new cabinet
- Credit: Archant
A new cabinet at the North Norfolk District Council has been announced, under the leadership of John Lee.
Mr Lee, who took over from predecessor Tom FitzPatrick on February 21, has cut and combined a number of portfolios to create a reduced number of individuals in cabinet.
Mr Lee will preside over a cabinet of seven, where Mr FitzPatrick had a cabinet of 10.
Mr Lee will himself be taking on a portfolio, but will be swapping the coastal portfolio (his previous position) for corporate services.
The new cabinet compromises of:
You may also want to watch:
• Councillor John Lee: Leader of the Council and Chairman of Cabinet. Holding the portfolio for corporate services including legal, democratic, IT and HR services.
• Councillor Nigel Dixon: Deputy Leader, holding the portfolio for economic development, business and tourism.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
• Councillor Wyndham Northam: Finance, revenue and benefits.
• Councillor Richard Price: Property and asset commercialisation.
• Councillor Sue Arnold: Housing, planning, and planning policy.
• Councillor Becky Palmer: Leisure, culture, health and customer services.
• Councillor Hilary Cox: Environment, coast and licensing.
The portfolios of Councillor Judy Oliver, Councillor Maggie Prior, and Councillor Annie Claussen-Reynolds were absorbed into other roles, meaning they have been left out of cabinet.
Mr FitzPatrick's cabinet was made up of:
• Councillor Annie Claussen-Reynolds: Waste and Environmental Services
• Councillor Nigel Dixon: Deputy leader and portfolio holder for business and economic development.
• Councillor Tom FitzPatrick: Leader of the council and chairman of the cabinet.
• Councillor John Lee: Coastal.
• Councillor Wyndham Northam: Financial Services.
• Councillor Judy Oliver: Corporate assets and asset commercialisation.
• Councillor Becky Palmer: Community liason and engagement, and customer services.
• Councillor Richard Price: Housing.
• Councillor Maggie Prior: Leisure and culture.
• Councillor Sue Arnold: Planning.