Sod-turning ceremony for Norfolk vet’s new home
- Credit: Archant
Construction work has started on a new state-of-the-art veterinary surgery for one of the oldest businesses in the country.
Westover Vets in Yarmouth Road, North Walsham will be moving into the new building in Norwich Road.
Staff were joined at a ground-breaking ceremony this week by the Revd Rachael Dines who performed a blessing before the building work commenced.
The practice has been providing veterinary care in North Walsham for 130 years.
Director Toby Morrell said: "Moving into a new building will further increase the opportunities the practice can provide.
"The current building, only 300m from the new site, was purpose-built at the time, but the practice has continued to grow and is now ready for its new home."
The surgery is designed by ACD Projects Ltd in Newmarket, the team that built Channel 4 TV's Supervet, Noel Fitzpatrick's surgery.
- 1 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture
- 2 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 3 'Wild Church' events to start on north Norfolk coast
- 4 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 5 School's 'shining light' ethos leads to fresh 'Good' grade
- 6 Broads homes plan branded 'absolute insanity' gets approval
- 7 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 8 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 9 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 10 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
The facility should be ready by spring 2020.