New face for Sheringham and Cromer Round Table
Anthony Marett, director of Marett's Chariots, has taken over as chairman Sheringham and Cromer Round Table.
He succeeds Darren Thomas who reported on a very successful and enjoyable time at the annual general meeting held recently at The Lobster pub in Sheringham.
In his outgoing report as chairman Mr Thomas outlined the highlights of his time in the chair, including a visit to meet fellow members in Holland, a night of stock car racing at Yarmouth when the club entered a car with member Andy Johnson at the wheel and a weekend in Scotland to say goodbye to long serving Tablers Alan Murchison and Stuart Smith.
Having only joined the round table three years ago after moving to the area with his wife, Jackie, Mr Thomas reflected on friendships he had made with fellow members locally and in twin tables in Europe.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Marett stated he had a hard act to follow but was determined to see Sheringham and Cromer Table continue to thrive in its 85th year, with an active programme planned which includes a visit to Bristow Helicopters, the English Whiskey distillery, archery and canoeing.
Mr Marett urged anyone who is interested in joining to come along to a meeting.
- 1 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 2 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 5 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 6 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 7 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 10 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
Sheringham and Cromer Round Table meets on the first and third Thursdays of the month. Anyone interested should contact Anthony Marett on 01263 768915 or 07799 887509.