New face for Sheringham and Cromer Round Table
Anthony Marett, director of Marett's Chariots, has taken over as chairman Sheringham and Cromer Round Table.
He succeeds Darren Thomas who reported on a very successful and enjoyable time at the annual general meeting held recently at The Lobster pub in Sheringham.
In his outgoing report as chairman Mr Thomas outlined the highlights of his time in the chair, including a visit to meet fellow members in Holland, a night of stock car racing at Yarmouth when the club entered a car with member Andy Johnson at the wheel and a weekend in Scotland to say goodbye to long serving Tablers Alan Murchison and Stuart Smith.
Having only joined the round table three years ago after moving to the area with his wife, Jackie, Mr Thomas reflected on friendships he had made with fellow members locally and in twin tables in Europe.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Marett stated he had a hard act to follow but was determined to see Sheringham and Cromer Table continue to thrive in its 85th year, with an active programme planned which includes a visit to Bristow Helicopters, the English Whiskey distillery, archery and canoeing.
Mr Marett urged anyone who is interested in joining to come along to a meeting.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
Sheringham and Cromer Round Table meets on the first and third Thursdays of the month. Anyone interested should contact Anthony Marett on 01263 768915 or 07799 887509.