More houses are springing up in booming north Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Yet more houses are going up in a north Norfolk town that has seen the development of three major estates over the past 10 years.
Holt-based J Bunn Homes has stated building 22 houses at its Aegel Gardens site off Burgh Road, Aylsham, with the first five to be finished by next spring.
The firm's director, James Bunn, said: "We're really excited to announce the beginning of our development in Aylsham; it's a wonderful, unique market town and Aegel Gardens is in a fantastic location - it's within easy walking distance of the market square and all the facilities you need."
Three estates - St Michaels, Willow Park and Bure Meadows - built over the past decade have raised Aylsham's population to around 7,000.
The new development will include a mix of two, three and four bedroom homes.
MORE: From quirky shops to festivals - How Aylsham's picturesque heart keeps beatingThe name Aegel Gardens comes from the founder of Aylsham, who established 'Aegel's Ham' in AD 500.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?