More houses are springing up in booming north Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Yet more houses are going up in a north Norfolk town that has seen the development of three major estates over the past 10 years.
Holt-based J Bunn Homes has stated building 22 houses at its Aegel Gardens site off Burgh Road, Aylsham, with the first five to be finished by next spring.
The firm's director, James Bunn, said: "We're really excited to announce the beginning of our development in Aylsham; it's a wonderful, unique market town and Aegel Gardens is in a fantastic location - it's within easy walking distance of the market square and all the facilities you need."
Three estates - St Michaels, Willow Park and Bure Meadows - built over the past decade have raised Aylsham's population to around 7,000.
The new development will include a mix of two, three and four bedroom homes.
MORE: From quirky shops to festivals - How Aylsham's picturesque heart keeps beatingThe name Aegel Gardens comes from the founder of Aylsham, who established 'Aegel's Ham' in AD 500.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road