More houses are springing up in booming north Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Yet more houses are going up in a north Norfolk town that has seen the development of three major estates over the past 10 years.
Holt-based J Bunn Homes has stated building 22 houses at its Aegel Gardens site off Burgh Road, Aylsham, with the first five to be finished by next spring.
The firm's director, James Bunn, said: "We're really excited to announce the beginning of our development in Aylsham; it's a wonderful, unique market town and Aegel Gardens is in a fantastic location - it's within easy walking distance of the market square and all the facilities you need."
Three estates - St Michaels, Willow Park and Bure Meadows - built over the past decade have raised Aylsham's population to around 7,000.
The new development will include a mix of two, three and four bedroom homes.
MORE: From quirky shops to festivals - How Aylsham's picturesque heart keeps beatingThe name Aegel Gardens comes from the founder of Aylsham, who established 'Aegel's Ham' in AD 500.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 6 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 10 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000