More houses are springing up in booming north Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Yet more houses are going up in a north Norfolk town that has seen the development of three major estates over the past 10 years.
Holt-based J Bunn Homes has stated building 22 houses at its Aegel Gardens site off Burgh Road, Aylsham, with the first five to be finished by next spring.
The firm's director, James Bunn, said: "We're really excited to announce the beginning of our development in Aylsham; it's a wonderful, unique market town and Aegel Gardens is in a fantastic location - it's within easy walking distance of the market square and all the facilities you need."
Three estates - St Michaels, Willow Park and Bure Meadows - built over the past decade have raised Aylsham's population to around 7,000.
The new development will include a mix of two, three and four bedroom homes.
MORE: From quirky shops to festivals - How Aylsham's picturesque heart keeps beatingThe name Aegel Gardens comes from the founder of Aylsham, who established 'Aegel's Ham' in AD 500.
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 3 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Seaside ramp reopens following restoration work after erosion
- 6 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 7 New woodfired pizza restaurant could open in Norfolk town
- 8 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 9 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 10 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee