New community gym to open in Neatishead
A new community gym is set to open in Neatishead.
The new gym, based at New Victory Hall, Neatishead will be officially opened on Monday at 11am and will initially offer two sessions each week, Sunday and Monday, 8.30am – 12.30pm, with a third, Wednesday morning, session from August 24.
North Norfolk District Council's 'Mobile Gym' has been operating in the New Victory Hall for the past year and the enthusiasm of the 25 to 30 regular users has been so great that the village now wants something more permanent.
A grant for �10,000 has been received from the Big Lottery Awards for All fund, which will cover the purchase of equipment and initial hall hire, insurance and costs for a fully qualified instructor.
People attending the sessions will be asked to pay a one-off joining fee of �10 (the fee will be waived for those joining on June 27) and there will be a small monthly membership charge so that the gym can become self-sustaining in the long term.
The new equipment includes cycling and rowing machines, benches, steps, weights, resistance bands and core stability balls and everyone attending will be offered a personal fitness programme.
- 1 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 2 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 8 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Wind farm decision due in days
- 10 Retired nurse took her own life, inquest hears