New community gym to open in Neatishead
A new community gym is set to open in Neatishead.
The new gym, based at New Victory Hall, Neatishead will be officially opened on Monday at 11am and will initially offer two sessions each week, Sunday and Monday, 8.30am – 12.30pm, with a third, Wednesday morning, session from August 24.
North Norfolk District Council's 'Mobile Gym' has been operating in the New Victory Hall for the past year and the enthusiasm of the 25 to 30 regular users has been so great that the village now wants something more permanent.
A grant for �10,000 has been received from the Big Lottery Awards for All fund, which will cover the purchase of equipment and initial hall hire, insurance and costs for a fully qualified instructor.
People attending the sessions will be asked to pay a one-off joining fee of �10 (the fee will be waived for those joining on June 27) and there will be a small monthly membership charge so that the gym can become self-sustaining in the long term.
You may also want to watch:
The new equipment includes cycling and rowing machines, benches, steps, weights, resistance bands and core stability balls and everyone attending will be offered a personal fitness programme.
- 1 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 8 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 9 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 10 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m