New community gym to open in Neatishead
A new community gym is set to open in Neatishead.
The new gym, based at New Victory Hall, Neatishead will be officially opened on Monday at 11am and will initially offer two sessions each week, Sunday and Monday, 8.30am – 12.30pm, with a third, Wednesday morning, session from August 24.
North Norfolk District Council's 'Mobile Gym' has been operating in the New Victory Hall for the past year and the enthusiasm of the 25 to 30 regular users has been so great that the village now wants something more permanent.
A grant for �10,000 has been received from the Big Lottery Awards for All fund, which will cover the purchase of equipment and initial hall hire, insurance and costs for a fully qualified instructor.
People attending the sessions will be asked to pay a one-off joining fee of �10 (the fee will be waived for those joining on June 27) and there will be a small monthly membership charge so that the gym can become self-sustaining in the long term.
You may also want to watch:
The new equipment includes cycling and rowing machines, benches, steps, weights, resistance bands and core stability balls and everyone attending will be offered a personal fitness programme.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 3 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 7 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 10 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed