New Co-op and Post Office to open in Cromer High Street on June 8
- Credit: Archant
A new Co-op supermarket and Post Office will open at the former Budgens' store in the High Street, Cromer on June 8 after a revamp.
The Budgens' store and Post Office closed in March.
A Post Office spokesman said: 'The refurbishment of the former Budgens' store into the Co-op supermarket is progressing well. The premises where Cromer Post Office is based are due to re-open on June 8.
'The Post Office will then be open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 10pm. This will be an extra 12 hours of service a week including later closing every day. This will make it more convenient for customers to visit.'
A Co-op spokesman confirmed that its store would be opening on June 8.
You may also want to watch:
The lack of a post office has forced customers to travel some distance to access services.
North Norfolk Labour candidate Stephen Burke said: 'It's crazy that Cromer has had to put up without its post office for so long.'
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 7 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk