New Co-op and Post Office to open in Cromer High Street on June 8
- Credit: Archant
A new Co-op supermarket and Post Office will open at the former Budgens' store in the High Street, Cromer on June 8 after a revamp.
The Budgens' store and Post Office closed in March.
A Post Office spokesman said: 'The refurbishment of the former Budgens' store into the Co-op supermarket is progressing well. The premises where Cromer Post Office is based are due to re-open on June 8.
'The Post Office will then be open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 10pm. This will be an extra 12 hours of service a week including later closing every day. This will make it more convenient for customers to visit.'
A Co-op spokesman confirmed that its store would be opening on June 8.
You may also want to watch:
The lack of a post office has forced customers to travel some distance to access services.
North Norfolk Labour candidate Stephen Burke said: 'It's crazy that Cromer has had to put up without its post office for so long.'
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 3 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 4 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 5 Hospital gets a brand new MRI machine
- 6 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 7 Man who died after falling from cliff took his own life, inquest rules
- 8 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 9 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines