New Co-op and Post Office to open in Cromer High Street on June 8
- Credit: Archant
A new Co-op supermarket and Post Office will open at the former Budgens' store in the High Street, Cromer on June 8 after a revamp.
The Budgens' store and Post Office closed in March.
A Post Office spokesman said: 'The refurbishment of the former Budgens' store into the Co-op supermarket is progressing well. The premises where Cromer Post Office is based are due to re-open on June 8.
'The Post Office will then be open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 10pm. This will be an extra 12 hours of service a week including later closing every day. This will make it more convenient for customers to visit.'
A Co-op spokesman confirmed that its store would be opening on June 8.
You may also want to watch:
The lack of a post office has forced customers to travel some distance to access services.
North Norfolk Labour candidate Stephen Burke said: 'It's crazy that Cromer has had to put up without its post office for so long.'
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 4 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 5 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 6 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 7 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 8 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 9 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms