New carers group in North Walsham
A new group providing support for carers is set to be launched in North Walsham.
The Griffon Area Partnership, in partnership with the Norwich and District Carers Forum, is to launch a new fortnightly group, Caring4Carers, for adult carers in North Walsham and the surrounding area.
The aim of the group is to provide a one-stop-shop group for carers by providing practical workshops alongside stress management sessions to alleviate worries.
The sessions will include stress management, training in first aid, assistance with contingency or emergency plans, benefits advice and specific illness advice,
There will also be general help and advice about caring from experts in the caring professions.
You may also want to watch:
Caring4Carers will begin on Monday, February 14, and take place every second and fourth Monday morning from 10.30am until 12.30pm. Sessions will take place at the Saddler's Shop to the rear of St Nicholas Church halls in the town, and the Voyager Community Group will run at the same time in the St Nicholas's Room next door.
The cost of each carer's session will be �2 per morning including refreshments. Lunch at Voyager costs �2.50 and is served from midday until 2pm.
- 1 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Street food business goes from strength to strength despite lockdown
- 4 'It just got out of hand' - Biking baker celebrates five year anniversary
- 5 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 6 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 7 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 8 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 9 It's Strictly Christmas! Pier's new-look festive show about to launch
- 10 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
For more information, contact Rebecca Matthews on 01692 407509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.