New carers group in North Walsham
A new group providing support for carers is set to be launched in North Walsham.
The Griffon Area Partnership, in partnership with the Norwich and District Carers Forum, is to launch a new fortnightly group, Caring4Carers, for adult carers in North Walsham and the surrounding area.
The aim of the group is to provide a one-stop-shop group for carers by providing practical workshops alongside stress management sessions to alleviate worries.
The sessions will include stress management, training in first aid, assistance with contingency or emergency plans, benefits advice and specific illness advice,
There will also be general help and advice about caring from experts in the caring professions.
You may also want to watch:
Caring4Carers will begin on Monday, February 14, and take place every second and fourth Monday morning from 10.30am until 12.30pm. Sessions will take place at the Saddler's Shop to the rear of St Nicholas Church halls in the town, and the Voyager Community Group will run at the same time in the St Nicholas's Room next door.
The cost of each carer's session will be �2 per morning including refreshments. Lunch at Voyager costs �2.50 and is served from midday until 2pm.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 8 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines
For more information, contact Rebecca Matthews on 01692 407509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.