New carers group in North Walsham
A new group providing support for carers is set to be launched in North Walsham.
The Griffon Area Partnership, in partnership with the Norwich and District Carers Forum, is to launch a new fortnightly group, Caring4Carers, for adult carers in North Walsham and the surrounding area.
The aim of the group is to provide a one-stop-shop group for carers by providing practical workshops alongside stress management sessions to alleviate worries.
The sessions will include stress management, training in first aid, assistance with contingency or emergency plans, benefits advice and specific illness advice,
There will also be general help and advice about caring from experts in the caring professions.
Caring4Carers will begin on Monday, February 14, and take place every second and fourth Monday morning from 10.30am until 12.30pm. Sessions will take place at the Saddler's Shop to the rear of St Nicholas Church halls in the town, and the Voyager Community Group will run at the same time in the St Nicholas's Room next door.
The cost of each carer's session will be �2 per morning including refreshments. Lunch at Voyager costs �2.50 and is served from midday until 2pm.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
For more information, contact Rebecca Matthews on 01692 407509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.