New carers group in North Walsham
A new group providing support for carers is set to be launched in North Walsham.
The Griffon Area Partnership, in partnership with the Norwich and District Carers Forum, is to launch a new fortnightly group, Caring4Carers, for adult carers in North Walsham and the surrounding area.
The aim of the group is to provide a one-stop-shop group for carers by providing practical workshops alongside stress management sessions to alleviate worries.
The sessions will include stress management, training in first aid, assistance with contingency or emergency plans, benefits advice and specific illness advice,
There will also be general help and advice about caring from experts in the caring professions.
You may also want to watch:
Caring4Carers will begin on Monday, February 14, and take place every second and fourth Monday morning from 10.30am until 12.30pm. Sessions will take place at the Saddler's Shop to the rear of St Nicholas Church halls in the town, and the Voyager Community Group will run at the same time in the St Nicholas's Room next door.
The cost of each carer's session will be �2 per morning including refreshments. Lunch at Voyager costs �2.50 and is served from midday until 2pm.
- 1 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 4 'Infamous, not famous': School slated for plan to honour traitor
- 5 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 6 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 Firms sought for new industrial units
For more information, contact Rebecca Matthews on 01692 407509 or email email@example.com.