New carers group in North Walsham
A new group providing support for carers is set to be launched in North Walsham.
The Griffon Area Partnership, in partnership with the Norwich and District Carers Forum, is to launch a new fortnightly group, Caring4Carers, for adult carers in North Walsham and the surrounding area.
The aim of the group is to provide a one-stop-shop group for carers by providing practical workshops alongside stress management sessions to alleviate worries.
The sessions will include stress management, training in first aid, assistance with contingency or emergency plans, benefits advice and specific illness advice,
There will also be general help and advice about caring from experts in the caring professions.
You may also want to watch:
Caring4Carers will begin on Monday, February 14, and take place every second and fourth Monday morning from 10.30am until 12.30pm. Sessions will take place at the Saddler's Shop to the rear of St Nicholas Church halls in the town, and the Voyager Community Group will run at the same time in the St Nicholas's Room next door.
The cost of each carer's session will be �2 per morning including refreshments. Lunch at Voyager costs �2.50 and is served from midday until 2pm.
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
For more information, contact Rebecca Matthews on 01692 407509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.