New business awards launched to recognise north Norfolk’s successes
- Credit: Archant
The inaugural North Norfolk District Council Business Awards have been launched – and businesses across the district are being encouraged to put themselves forward to win one of the prestigious titles.
The awards (#NNBA18), run in conjunction with the North Norfolk News and Fakenham and Wells Times, are open to businesses of all sizes and across all sectors.
The aim is to promote and celebrate the vibrant business community across north Norfolk, and unearth some hidden gems.
There are seven categories: Agricultural, Business Growth, Business Development and Innovation, Environmental, New Businesses, Tourism and Hospitality, and Young People and Skills.
Entries can be submitted until early January, with the shortlisted businesses invited to an awards ceremony at Gresham's School on February 15.
You may also want to watch:
North Norfolk District Council leader Tom FitzPatrick said: 'We regularly deal with some very successful and very exciting ventures, but too often these successes don't get the recognition they deserve. This inaugural project will reveal some of the hidden business stories across north Norfolk, and give the district as a whole the chance to celebrate the vibrancy of our business community.'
Councillor Nigel Dixon, NNDC Portfolio Holder for Business and Economic Development, said: 'There is huge diversity within the business community across north Norfolk, and these awards are designed to be relevant across all sectors. Many businesses will be keen to win their individual categories, but it's just as important for us that every organisation that enters will benefit from taking part and be able to shout about all the successes they are having.'
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 5 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 9 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
As well as the North Norfolk News and Fakenham and Wells Times, the categories are being sponsored by Anglian Water, Eastlaw, New Anglia LEP and Norfolk Hideaways.
The awards night will be hosted by Chris Sargisson, chief executive of Norfolk Chamber of Commerce.
He said: 'The future and growth of the economy across the county – including in North Norfolk – is centred on recognising brilliance, supporting the region as a place where success thrives and, most importantly, celebrating the best.'
To enter the North Norfolk District Council Business Awards, visit www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/businessawards/index.html