Plans made for 66-bed seniors’ care home in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been drawn up for a new 66-bed care home for older people in Holt.
LNT Care Developments wants to build the three-storey facility on former farm land to the south-east of the roundabout where the A148 and Heath Drive meet.
The centre would employ 35 full-time staff and 15 part-timers.
Its single bedrooms would each be 15 square metres, and there would be 20 car parking spaces.
In a section about transport connections, a design and access statement drawn up for the project says: 'Holt has no main line railway station although it does benefit from a North Norfolk Railway station which runs steam and diesel trains between Holt and Sheringham, which is also the location of the nearest mainline station with services to Norwich.'
The care firm also runs other centres in Yorkshire, Lancashire and the Midlands.
An application for the project has been lodged with North Norfolk District Council.
- 1 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 2 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 6 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 7 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 8 Sheringham councillor memorialised at The Reef
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!