Plans made for 66-bed seniors’ care home in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been drawn up for a new 66-bed care home for older people in Holt.
LNT Care Developments wants to build the three-storey facility on former farm land to the south-east of the roundabout where the A148 and Heath Drive meet.
The centre would employ 35 full-time staff and 15 part-timers.
Its single bedrooms would each be 15 square metres, and there would be 20 car parking spaces.
In a section about transport connections, a design and access statement drawn up for the project says: 'Holt has no main line railway station although it does benefit from a North Norfolk Railway station which runs steam and diesel trains between Holt and Sheringham, which is also the location of the nearest mainline station with services to Norwich.'
The care firm also runs other centres in Yorkshire, Lancashire and the Midlands.
An application for the project has been lodged with North Norfolk District Council.
- 1 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 2 Popular cafe reopens in Cromer park
- 3 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 4 Happisburgh revealed as north Norfolk's most isolated spot
- 5 In pictures: Potty Morris and folk festival draws thousands to coast
- 6 From classic cars to monster trucks - Wheels Festival draws thousands
- 7 Lifeboat crew saves north Norfolk fisherman from hitting rock groynes
- 8 Works planned for historic town centre shop
- 9 Small plates restaurant and bottle shop coming to north Norfolk town
- 10 Some seating will be allowed at Bryan Adams' Blickling gig