Plans made for 66-bed seniors’ care home in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been drawn up for a new 66-bed care home for older people in Holt.
LNT Care Developments wants to build the three-storey facility on former farm land to the south-east of the roundabout where the A148 and Heath Drive meet.
The centre would employ 35 full-time staff and 15 part-timers.
Its single bedrooms would each be 15 square metres, and there would be 20 car parking spaces.
In a section about transport connections, a design and access statement drawn up for the project says: 'Holt has no main line railway station although it does benefit from a North Norfolk Railway station which runs steam and diesel trains between Holt and Sheringham, which is also the location of the nearest mainline station with services to Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
The care firm also runs other centres in Yorkshire, Lancashire and the Midlands.
An application for the project has been lodged with North Norfolk District Council.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 8 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 9 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway