New art gallery opens in North Walsham shop
Shopkeepers Bob and Jan White have just added a gallery of work by local artists to their north Norfolk business.
The couple have run the Showcase Gallery, on North Walsham's Market Place, for the past two-and-a-half years, specialising in a wide range of Norfolk gifts.
And they say, despite troubled economic times, people are still looking for quality, locally-produced items.
The new downstairs art gallery features paintings for sale by some of the many talented artists living in North Walsham, including watercolour landscapes by Herbert Sandell, of Bluebell Road, and birds and wildlife, by Colin Shreeve, from Pound Road.
Other featured artists include Mary Mason, of Brewery Road, Trunch, who specialises in pastels of dogs and cat, and Norwich-based landscape and marine artist Andrew Dibben.
You may also want to watch:
'Things are really good - we are very happy,' said Mr White. 'We are selling things you can't get anywhere else. We don't try and compete with QD and Roys. My stuff is unique and we buy in small quantities.'
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 5 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 6 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 7 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 8 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 10 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m