New art gallery opens in North Walsham shop
Shopkeepers Bob and Jan White have just added a gallery of work by local artists to their north Norfolk business.
The couple have run the Showcase Gallery, on North Walsham's Market Place, for the past two-and-a-half years, specialising in a wide range of Norfolk gifts.
And they say, despite troubled economic times, people are still looking for quality, locally-produced items.
The new downstairs art gallery features paintings for sale by some of the many talented artists living in North Walsham, including watercolour landscapes by Herbert Sandell, of Bluebell Road, and birds and wildlife, by Colin Shreeve, from Pound Road.
Other featured artists include Mary Mason, of Brewery Road, Trunch, who specialises in pastels of dogs and cat, and Norwich-based landscape and marine artist Andrew Dibben.
You may also want to watch:
'Things are really good - we are very happy,' said Mr White. 'We are selling things you can't get anywhere else. We don't try and compete with QD and Roys. My stuff is unique and we buy in small quantities.'
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 7 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 10 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests