New art gallery opens in North Walsham shop
Shopkeepers Bob and Jan White have just added a gallery of work by local artists to their north Norfolk business.
The couple have run the Showcase Gallery, on North Walsham's Market Place, for the past two-and-a-half years, specialising in a wide range of Norfolk gifts.
And they say, despite troubled economic times, people are still looking for quality, locally-produced items.
The new downstairs art gallery features paintings for sale by some of the many talented artists living in North Walsham, including watercolour landscapes by Herbert Sandell, of Bluebell Road, and birds and wildlife, by Colin Shreeve, from Pound Road.
Other featured artists include Mary Mason, of Brewery Road, Trunch, who specialises in pastels of dogs and cat, and Norwich-based landscape and marine artist Andrew Dibben.
'Things are really good - we are very happy,' said Mr White. 'We are selling things you can't get anywhere else. We don't try and compete with QD and Roys. My stuff is unique and we buy in small quantities.'
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week