New all-weather trail means more people can explore Blickling
- Credit: Archant
A new all-weather, multi-use trail has opened to allow more people to explore the Blickling Estate whatever the season.
The route offers a new four-mile safe off-road path through the historic park and farmland.
It follows existing paths for all but 800m, with a new stretch completing a circular loop that avoids roads.
Stuart Banks, countryside manager at Blickling, said: 'With more families visiting Blickling, it's important for us to provide a safe place for them to enjoy the wider estate.
'Cycling is an activity that the whole family can enjoy and this provides an easy, safe route to get them started.
'It's a traffic-free environment, and has an all-weather surface that's suitable for pushchairs and buggies too.'
Many areas of the trail that had previously been muddy or pot-holed have also been repaired, which has made the park more accessible even in the wettest weather.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 4 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 5 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 8 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 9 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 10 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream