New all-weather trail means more people can explore Blickling
- Credit: Archant
A new all-weather, multi-use trail has opened to allow more people to explore the Blickling Estate whatever the season.
The route offers a new four-mile safe off-road path through the historic park and farmland.
It follows existing paths for all but 800m, with a new stretch completing a circular loop that avoids roads.
Stuart Banks, countryside manager at Blickling, said: 'With more families visiting Blickling, it's important for us to provide a safe place for them to enjoy the wider estate.
'Cycling is an activity that the whole family can enjoy and this provides an easy, safe route to get them started.
'It's a traffic-free environment, and has an all-weather surface that's suitable for pushchairs and buggies too.'
Many areas of the trail that had previously been muddy or pot-holed have also been repaired, which has made the park more accessible even in the wettest weather.
- 1 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 2 WATCH: Stunning moment thousands of geese take flight over nature reserve
- 3 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 4 First look inside north Norfolk's new £12.7m leisure centre
- 5 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 6 Heritage line’s general manager to retire after 40 years in the rail industry
- 7 Two new community clubs launched by mum from Holt
- 8 WATCH: Dashcam footage shows near miss between deer and two cars
- 9 Property spotlight: Burnham Market cottage on sale for £725k
- 10 Retired nurse took her own life, inquest hears