New all-weather trail means more people can explore Blickling
- Credit: Archant
A new all-weather, multi-use trail has opened to allow more people to explore the Blickling Estate whatever the season.
The route offers a new four-mile safe off-road path through the historic park and farmland.
It follows existing paths for all but 800m, with a new stretch completing a circular loop that avoids roads.
Stuart Banks, countryside manager at Blickling, said: 'With more families visiting Blickling, it's important for us to provide a safe place for them to enjoy the wider estate.
'Cycling is an activity that the whole family can enjoy and this provides an easy, safe route to get them started.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a traffic-free environment, and has an all-weather surface that's suitable for pushchairs and buggies too.'
Many areas of the trail that had previously been muddy or pot-holed have also been repaired, which has made the park more accessible even in the wettest weather.
- 1 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 8 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m