New all-weather trail means more people can explore Blickling
- Credit: Archant
A new all-weather, multi-use trail has opened to allow more people to explore the Blickling Estate whatever the season.
The route offers a new four-mile safe off-road path through the historic park and farmland.
It follows existing paths for all but 800m, with a new stretch completing a circular loop that avoids roads.
Stuart Banks, countryside manager at Blickling, said: 'With more families visiting Blickling, it's important for us to provide a safe place for them to enjoy the wider estate.
'Cycling is an activity that the whole family can enjoy and this provides an easy, safe route to get them started.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a traffic-free environment, and has an all-weather surface that's suitable for pushchairs and buggies too.'
Many areas of the trail that had previously been muddy or pot-holed have also been repaired, which has made the park more accessible even in the wettest weather.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 7 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 8 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip