New all-weather pitch at Stalham High School
A north Norfolk school is to get its own all-weather sports pitch.
Contractors are now being sought to take on work building the 40m x 18m pitch at Stalham High School.
The pitch will be built on the school's old basketball court, near to the sports hall, and will also be floodlit, although there will be a curfew of 10pm after which the lights will be switched off.
Works are expected to start in March 2011, subject to planning consent being granted by Norfolk County Council, and should take six weeks to complete.
A spokesman for the school said: 'The pitch will be available for the community as well.
You may also want to watch:
'It will be designed for a range of sports including football and hockey. This is good news, both for the school and the local community.
'We are now down to the final stages and we are hoping it will be in place sooner rather than later.'
- 1 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 9 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 10 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast