New all-weather pitch at Stalham High School
A north Norfolk school is to get its own all-weather sports pitch.
Contractors are now being sought to take on work building the 40m x 18m pitch at Stalham High School.
The pitch will be built on the school's old basketball court, near to the sports hall, and will also be floodlit, although there will be a curfew of 10pm after which the lights will be switched off.
Works are expected to start in March 2011, subject to planning consent being granted by Norfolk County Council, and should take six weeks to complete.
A spokesman for the school said: 'The pitch will be available for the community as well.
You may also want to watch:
'It will be designed for a range of sports including football and hockey. This is good news, both for the school and the local community.
'We are now down to the final stages and we are hoping it will be in place sooner rather than later.'
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder