Lawyer for council ‘thrilled’ after winning national award
- Credit: Archant
The head of North Norfolk District Council's legal team Eastlaw said she was 'proud' and 'thrilled' after winning a national award.
Emma Duncan was named governance lawyer of the year at the Lawyers in Local Government Awards, which were held at the Waldorf Hilton Hotel, London, on November 9.
Eastlaw was also shortlisted in a legal team of the year category alongside six other local authorities.
Ms Duncan said: 'I was proud and thrilled to win the award, but I was just as proud that the whole team was also a finalist. Success in these kind of awards can be achieved only with the backing of such a great team.'
John Lee, council leader, said: 'Huge congratulations to Emma on receiving this prestigious award, her guidance and advice since I became Leader has been invaluable and well done to the team for receiving further recognition of the great work that they do.'
You may also want to watch:
And John Rest, leader of the council's Independent group, said: 'This is a very well-deserved award and Eastlaw are an exceptionally professional team, their experience and knowledge is of huge benefit to the council.'
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history