Lawyer for council ‘thrilled’ after winning national award
- Credit: Archant
The head of North Norfolk District Council's legal team Eastlaw said she was 'proud' and 'thrilled' after winning a national award.
Emma Duncan was named governance lawyer of the year at the Lawyers in Local Government Awards, which were held at the Waldorf Hilton Hotel, London, on November 9.
Eastlaw was also shortlisted in a legal team of the year category alongside six other local authorities.
Ms Duncan said: 'I was proud and thrilled to win the award, but I was just as proud that the whole team was also a finalist. Success in these kind of awards can be achieved only with the backing of such a great team.'
John Lee, council leader, said: 'Huge congratulations to Emma on receiving this prestigious award, her guidance and advice since I became Leader has been invaluable and well done to the team for receiving further recognition of the great work that they do.'
And John Rest, leader of the council's Independent group, said: 'This is a very well-deserved award and Eastlaw are an exceptionally professional team, their experience and knowledge is of huge benefit to the council.'
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer