N.Walsham Post Office in line for award
North Walsham post office is in the running for national honours after winning a regional award.It has been picked as the best Crown Post Office in the London, South East and East area, and will now go through to the national People's Post Offices Awards being held on May 21.
North Walsham post office is in the running for national honours after winning a regional award.
It has been picked as the best Crown Post Office in the London, South East and East area, and will now go through to the national People's Post Offices Awards being held on May 21.
The awards aim to recognise the hard work and community spirit of people working in branches across the UK.
North Walsham, which also had regional success in 2004, earned its latest accolade as workmen moved in on Monday for three weeks of improvement works - during which the branch will remain open - to give it a lighter, brighter, more modern look.
You may also want to watch:
Branch manager Julian Hick, who has worked there since 1976 and run it since 1988, said: "We are really delighted to be a regional winner. It would be great if we could go one step further and be a national winner."
The branch had a "meeter and greeter" who helped people when they arrived, and a special financial services area which was popular with customers.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 5 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
Other regional winners were Filby post office near Yarmouth, which took the customer heroes title, and Somerleyton, near Lowestoft, which was best community office.