N.Walsham Post Office in line for award
North Walsham post office is in the running for national honours after winning a regional award.It has been picked as the best Crown Post Office in the London, South East and East area, and will now go through to the national People's Post Offices Awards being held on May 21.
North Walsham post office is in the running for national honours after winning a regional award.
It has been picked as the best Crown Post Office in the London, South East and East area, and will now go through to the national People's Post Offices Awards being held on May 21.
The awards aim to recognise the hard work and community spirit of people working in branches across the UK.
North Walsham, which also had regional success in 2004, earned its latest accolade as workmen moved in on Monday for three weeks of improvement works - during which the branch will remain open - to give it a lighter, brighter, more modern look.
You may also want to watch:
Branch manager Julian Hick, who has worked there since 1976 and run it since 1988, said: "We are really delighted to be a regional winner. It would be great if we could go one step further and be a national winner."
The branch had a "meeter and greeter" who helped people when they arrived, and a special financial services area which was popular with customers.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
Other regional winners were Filby post office near Yarmouth, which took the customer heroes title, and Somerleyton, near Lowestoft, which was best community office.