N.Walsham Post Office in line for award
North Walsham post office is in the running for national honours after winning a regional award.It has been picked as the best Crown Post Office in the London, South East and East area, and will now go through to the national People's Post Offices Awards being held on May 21.
North Walsham post office is in the running for national honours after winning a regional award.
It has been picked as the best Crown Post Office in the London, South East and East area, and will now go through to the national People's Post Offices Awards being held on May 21.
The awards aim to recognise the hard work and community spirit of people working in branches across the UK.
North Walsham, which also had regional success in 2004, earned its latest accolade as workmen moved in on Monday for three weeks of improvement works - during which the branch will remain open - to give it a lighter, brighter, more modern look.
Branch manager Julian Hick, who has worked there since 1976 and run it since 1988, said: "We are really delighted to be a regional winner. It would be great if we could go one step further and be a national winner."
The branch had a "meeter and greeter" who helped people when they arrived, and a special financial services area which was popular with customers.
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 3 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 6 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 7 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 8 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 9 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 10 'Rainbow of rhodies' puts on stunning display at Sheringham Park
Other regional winners were Filby post office near Yarmouth, which took the customer heroes title, and Somerleyton, near Lowestoft, which was best community office.