N.Walsham concert will help disabled
A concert featuring the county's up and coming musicians will be held to raise money for a pilgrimage by 10 disabled children.Organisers hope the event, which takes place in North Walsham on March 7, will raise at least �500 for the Handicapped Children's Pilgrimage Trust (HCPT) to send a group of Norfolk youngsters to Lourdes at Easter.
A concert featuring the county's up-and-coming musicians will be held to raise money for a pilgrimage by 10 disabled children.
Organisers hope the event, which takes place in North Walsham on Saturday, March 7, will raise at least �500 for the Handicapped Children's Pilgrimage Trust (HCPT) to send a group of Norfolk youngsters to Lourdes at Easter.
Elly Perrott, from Stalham, has arranged the concert - which will include performances from jazz musician Tom Harris and Norfolk's Young Musician of the Year finalist Anna Perrott.
The 21-year-old, who is a support worker for a local charity, said: "The work of the trust is so worthwhile. It has made me realise how a little time and effort can make such a difference to people."
You may also want to watch:
HCPT takes about 2,000 children aged between seven and 18 to southern France each year for a much-needed break - centred on the shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes. The youngsters and helpers visit local villages and attractions.
The concert will be held at Sacred Heart Church Hall, North Walsham, on Saturday, March 7, at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �6 and are available by calling 01692 580711 or 07854 560542.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 6 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 7 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 8 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 9 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 10 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK