Theatre to host premiere of dark lockdown comedy
- Credit: Richard Batson/ SLT
A new dark comedy thriller that emerged from a lockdown idea is being premiered at Sheringham Little Theatre this summer.
My Other Half is the work of Chris Sainton-Clark, a technical apprentice at the theatre, who wrote and self-published the drama during lockdown then secured an Arts Council grant and crowdfunding to bring it to the stage.
It features a couple in their 20s, H and B, who switch bodies in a freak event which gives them a clearer insight into each other’s lives and what shaped them.
Mr Sainton-Clark said: "During lockdown I wanted to do something creative – and realised that in a lot of relationships each partner does not always know what the other is going through.
“The body swap means they learn about each other – with lots of twists and turns along the way.”
You may also want to watch:
My Other Half will open at Sheringham Theatre on July 9 and 10 from where it will head to St Georges' Theatre in Great Yarmouth on July 13-15.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake