Is your mutt worth entering in a summer dog show?
- Credit: Archant
Pet lovers can enter their companions in a summer dog show at a Norfolk residential home.
'Mutts at the Manor' is an opportunity for the community to visit the Manor House in North Walsham Wood.
There are 15 classes to enter including 'Best Crossbread', 'Best Rescue', 'Any Variety Puppy', 'Dog & Handler Most Alike' 'Veteran for 7 years+' and 'Waggiest Tail'. Dogs must be four months or older to enter.
A barbecue and refreshments will be available throughout the event, as well as tombola and craft stalls.
Manager Paula Pawsey said: 'It's a great opportunity to invite the community into our home and gardens, and for the residents to enjoy meeting and greeting visitors.'
You may also want to watch:
Rosettes will be awarded and all proceeds will go to the home's resident fund, which is used for special activities.
Event registration opens at 10am on Sunday, July 8 with judging starting from 10.30am. Free parking is available.
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Trees planted as part of community project
- 6 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 7 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months