Music treat for school pupils
Guitarist Oli Brown who tours his music across the globe to venues in the United States and Europe has been gigging at schools on his Norfolk doorstep.
The 21-year-old singer song-writer from Sco Ruston near Coltishall who won the best young artist and male vocalist accolades at this year's British Blues Awards, dropped into Cromer High School to entertain youngsters in the sports hall.
His father and manager Graham Brown said the school gigs were aimed at exposing pupils to live music, which some had never experienced before.
'They really enjoy it , and normally end up dancing when they have broken through the 'should we, shouldn't we' barrier,' he added.
At Cromer Oli, who puts a modern funk, rock and jazz spin on to the blues, sang one song to a girl from the audience, and got the crowd joining in the singalong parts.
You may also want to watch:
The school tour had also included visit to Diss, Attlborough, and the Hewett and the City of Norwich School. It comes after touring Spain, Belgium and Holland and the UK, and ahead of travelling to Poland in January, Germany in February and a new UK tour starting in April.
Oli is doing a live session on Bob Harris's radio show in the New Year and also travelling to Canada in July as well as aiming to record a new album at the end of the next year. In the meantime he is working towards another local gig at the Norwich Waterfront on December 19.
- 1 Person found following lifeboat search in north Norfolk
- 2 North Norfolk beach hut wins award for country's best
- 3 Arrests after gang threw glass bottles and kicked victims
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 5 How realistic is Vigil? Verdict of former submariner from Aylsham
- 6 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 7 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 8 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 9 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
More information about the band on www.oliselectricblues.co.uk