Music group to sing classic nursery rhymes to care home residents
- Credit: Archant
A music group for babies and pre-schoolers will soon be singing classic nursery rhymes to care home residents.
Music in Motion is working with Walsham Grange in North Walsham to provide intergenerational music sessions for the elderly residents and the baby/pre-schoolers.
Once a week, Donna Cossey, the founder of Music In Motion, will visit the care hme with a group of babies and pre-schoolers and their parents or carers.
The group will sing classic nursery ryhmes and some popular modern songs which involve props that the residents can join in with too.
Miss Cossey said: 'I hope the classic nursery rythmes will be enjoyed by both generations and provide enrichment to the lives of all involved.
You may also want to watch:
'Music has a positive impact on the cognitive functions of older people in care homes, especially those with dementia. The sessions will be starting in a month's time and be an ongoing project.'
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 9 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip