Music group to sing classic nursery rhymes to care home residents
- Credit: Archant
A music group for babies and pre-schoolers will soon be singing classic nursery rhymes to care home residents.
Music in Motion is working with Walsham Grange in North Walsham to provide intergenerational music sessions for the elderly residents and the baby/pre-schoolers.
Once a week, Donna Cossey, the founder of Music In Motion, will visit the care hme with a group of babies and pre-schoolers and their parents or carers.
The group will sing classic nursery ryhmes and some popular modern songs which involve props that the residents can join in with too.
Miss Cossey said: 'I hope the classic nursery rythmes will be enjoyed by both generations and provide enrichment to the lives of all involved.
'Music has a positive impact on the cognitive functions of older people in care homes, especially those with dementia. The sessions will be starting in a month's time and be an ongoing project.'
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 7 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 8 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 9 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 10 House of Gucci - the Norfolk connection