Wacky racers gear up for annual soapbox derby
- Credit: Archant
A collection of crazy contraptions will be hurtling down Mundesley High Street on July 20, as part of the village's hugely popular annual soapbox derby.
Originally held more than 30 years ago, the event was reintroduced by the 1st Mundesley Air Scouts in 2015.
This year's derby will feature races in five categories ranging from age under eight to adult, with other attractions including a Scrapheap Challenge-style welded bike race, stalls run by Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers and a bar and barbecue at Gold Park.
Group Scout leader Anna Hollis said the derby, which will raise funds for a climbing wall and storage at the group headquarters, promised to provide fun for all the family.
She added: "There is always a lovely atmosphere, it brings the community together and people even plan their holidays around it."
You may also want to watch:
Mundesley Soapbox Derby runs on July 20 from 12pm-4pm, entry forms are available from Fish and Fry or Castaways Holiday Park, Bacton.
For more information, phone 07799 067872 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 10 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered