Mundesley care home helps North Walsham hospital friends
Supporters of North Walsham hospital have a new ally at a coastal care home.
Clarence House Care Home in Sea View Road, Mundesley has announced its support for War Memorial Hospital's League of Friends.
A �300 cheque was presented in the residents' lounge to friends chairman Brian Elliott by Bernard Freeman, Pat Rossouw and Marie Cornell from the home.
Manager Pat Rossouw said: 'We understand fully the important role that excellent equipment and facilities play in delivering high quality care. We are delighted to be able to assist the charity in its role of supporting the new facilities being created in North Walsham.
Mr Elliott said: 'The donation will be put to good use for the benefit of patients and staff.
'With the building of the new hospital, we will, no doubt, be called upon for various pieces of equipment and will need all the finance we can obtain to make our hospital an excellent health unit.'
Clarence House is a 41-bed care home which has also enjoyed recent refurbishment including upgrades of bedrooms and bathing equipment.
- 1 Food review, The Crawfish Inn, Thursford: ‘Massive value for money'
- 2 Swap shop for women's clothing opens in Cromer
- 3 Lily, 13, 'excited' as first novel hits book shops
- 4 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 5 School celebrates being Norfolk's first to gain LGBTQ+ inclusion award
- 6 New boss hopes to put his own stamp on Sheringham cafe
- 7 Weather warning as strong winds set to hit parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
- 9 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 10 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
To make a donation to the hospital friends or find out more about their work contact Brian Elliott on 01692 405105.