Mundesley care home helps North Walsham hospital friends
Supporters of North Walsham hospital have a new ally at a coastal care home.
Clarence House Care Home in Sea View Road, Mundesley has announced its support for War Memorial Hospital's League of Friends.
A �300 cheque was presented in the residents' lounge to friends chairman Brian Elliott by Bernard Freeman, Pat Rossouw and Marie Cornell from the home.
Manager Pat Rossouw said: 'We understand fully the important role that excellent equipment and facilities play in delivering high quality care. We are delighted to be able to assist the charity in its role of supporting the new facilities being created in North Walsham.
Mr Elliott said: 'The donation will be put to good use for the benefit of patients and staff.
'With the building of the new hospital, we will, no doubt, be called upon for various pieces of equipment and will need all the finance we can obtain to make our hospital an excellent health unit.'
Clarence House is a 41-bed care home which has also enjoyed recent refurbishment including upgrades of bedrooms and bathing equipment.
- 1 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 2 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 3 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
- 4 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 5 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 6 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 7 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 8 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 9 Norfolk man runs 68 miles in one day for charity
- 10 Norfolk towns and villages which have received national recognition in 2022
To make a donation to the hospital friends or find out more about their work contact Brian Elliott on 01692 405105.