Mum writes, stars in and produces ‘There’s no place like Cromer’ solo show
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-one will star in a solo show celebrating the 'weird and wonderful characters' of north Norfolk she has also written and produced.
'There's no place like Cromer', a play by Katie-anna Whiting will be premiered at the Garage in Norwich on February 27.
She said: "It's a tale about a young, Norfolk woman, not-so-loosely based on myself, travelling to London in the hope of finding herself.
"It's a celebration of Norfolk and its weird and wonderful characters, and my own personal love letter to my home which I abandoned for some years.
"It's funded by Arts Council England and supported by The Garage and All-In Productions.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm a bit of a Norfolk gal done good because I'm writing, producing and starring in it, plus bringing up my seven-month old baby, Winnie."
She also aims to tour the show around East Anglia from the autumn.
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets cost £10 - you can book online at thegarage.org.uk or by phone on 01603 283382.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer