MP visits North Walsham charity shop to encourage volunteers
MP Norman Lamb left his day job behind and took to the shop floor in a bid to encourage more people to volunteer at the Barnardo's shop at North Walsham.
The North Norfolk MP rolled up his sleeves and volunteered at the Market Place store as part of national Make a Difference Day - the UK's biggest day of volunteering, and provides opportunities for thousands of people to volunteer across the country.
The theme of this year's event is: 'Everyone has a skill they can use to help others. What can you do?'
Mr Lamb said: 'Make a Difference Day is a great initiative to encourage people to use their skills to help others. We can all do something, big or small. It was a real pleasure to help out with the volunteers at Barnardo's in North Walsham and if you have been thinking about volunteering I would encourage you to get in touch.'
Karen Tuthill, North Walsham store manager, said: 'It's been fantastic to have our MP's support in helping us to appeal for more volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
'We always welcome new volunteers to our friendly team in North Walsham. There are roles to suit all and you can do as much or as little as you can manage.'
Anyone interested can drop into the shop or visit the website www.barnardos.org.uk/volunteering.'
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 9 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip