MP visits North Walsham charity shop to encourage volunteers
MP Norman Lamb left his day job behind and took to the shop floor in a bid to encourage more people to volunteer at the Barnardo's shop at North Walsham.
The North Norfolk MP rolled up his sleeves and volunteered at the Market Place store as part of national Make a Difference Day - the UK's biggest day of volunteering, and provides opportunities for thousands of people to volunteer across the country.
The theme of this year's event is: 'Everyone has a skill they can use to help others. What can you do?'
Mr Lamb said: 'Make a Difference Day is a great initiative to encourage people to use their skills to help others. We can all do something, big or small. It was a real pleasure to help out with the volunteers at Barnardo's in North Walsham and if you have been thinking about volunteering I would encourage you to get in touch.'
Karen Tuthill, North Walsham store manager, said: 'It's been fantastic to have our MP's support in helping us to appeal for more volunteers.
'We always welcome new volunteers to our friendly team in North Walsham. There are roles to suit all and you can do as much or as little as you can manage.'
Anyone interested can drop into the shop or visit the website www.barnardos.org.uk/volunteering.'
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 7 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 8 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 9 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 10 House of Gucci - the Norfolk connection