MP visits Cromer for launch of poster campaign
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb will be visiting the Cromer Pier and Pavilion theatre in north Norfolk on Friday to unveil the poster campaign of the Seaside Special Show and support the town's tourism industry. Mr Lamb's visit is taking place as part of British Tourism Week 2011, a national event that is raising awareness of the size, value and importance of Britain's �115 billion visitor economy.
Now celebrating its 34th year, Seaside Special attracts more than 40,000 visitors a year and runs for 120 performances starting on June 18 and running until September 24.
Headline acts scheduled to appear this year include ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, comedian Paul Adams and Ballance, a body sculpture balance act. Vocalist Rob McVeigh - a finalist from the television programme Any Dream Will Do- will perform alongside female vocalist Scarlet Gabriel.
For younger audiences there is also the School's Out Seaside Special Show, which starts on Friday, July 29 and plays every Tuesday at 10.30am and Friday at 3pm until September 2.
Tickets are on sale now at via the box office on 01263 512495 and website cromer-pier.com.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 2 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 5 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 6 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 7 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 8 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 9 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast
- 10 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers