MP visits Cromer for launch of poster campaign
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb will be visiting the Cromer Pier and Pavilion theatre in north Norfolk on Friday to unveil the poster campaign of the Seaside Special Show and support the town's tourism industry. Mr Lamb's visit is taking place as part of British Tourism Week 2011, a national event that is raising awareness of the size, value and importance of Britain's �115 billion visitor economy.
Now celebrating its 34th year, Seaside Special attracts more than 40,000 visitors a year and runs for 120 performances starting on June 18 and running until September 24.
Headline acts scheduled to appear this year include ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, comedian Paul Adams and Ballance, a body sculpture balance act. Vocalist Rob McVeigh - a finalist from the television programme Any Dream Will Do- will perform alongside female vocalist Scarlet Gabriel.
For younger audiences there is also the School's Out Seaside Special Show, which starts on Friday, July 29 and plays every Tuesday at 10.30am and Friday at 3pm until September 2.
Tickets are on sale now at via the box office on 01263 512495 and website cromer-pier.com.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Street food business goes from strength to strength despite lockdown
- 4 'It just got out of hand' - Biking baker celebrates five year anniversary
- 5 'It all turned out well' - town sparkles as Christmas lights switched on
- 6 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 7 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 8 Front door set on fire during early morning arson attack in village
- 9 It's Strictly Christmas! Pier's new-look festive show about to launch
- 10 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists