MP visits Cromer for launch of poster campaign
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb will be visiting the Cromer Pier and Pavilion theatre in north Norfolk on Friday to unveil the poster campaign of the Seaside Special Show and support the town's tourism industry. Mr Lamb's visit is taking place as part of British Tourism Week 2011, a national event that is raising awareness of the size, value and importance of Britain's �115 billion visitor economy.
Now celebrating its 34th year, Seaside Special attracts more than 40,000 visitors a year and runs for 120 performances starting on June 18 and running until September 24.
Headline acts scheduled to appear this year include ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, comedian Paul Adams and Ballance, a body sculpture balance act. Vocalist Rob McVeigh - a finalist from the television programme Any Dream Will Do- will perform alongside female vocalist Scarlet Gabriel.
For younger audiences there is also the School's Out Seaside Special Show, which starts on Friday, July 29 and plays every Tuesday at 10.30am and Friday at 3pm until September 2.
Tickets are on sale now at via the box office on 01263 512495 and website cromer-pier.com.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 9 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 10 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer