Stunning floral arrangements help festival raise £11,000
- Credit: Archant
More than 3,000 visitors were welcomed to an annual flower festival in north Norfolk, which raised nearly £11,000.
Golden Moments was the theme for this year's event at St Andrew's Methodist Church in Sheringham, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
Golden moments of the last 50 years, locally, nationally, internationally and personally were depicted in 30 stunning floral arrangements, enhanced by organists providing background music.
Arrangement titles included The Queen's Golden Jubilee, The Release of Nelson Mandela, Fall of the Berlin Wall, Being rescued by the Lifeboat, At the Cross, at the Cross where I first saw the Light and The Resurrection.
Refreshments were served and a wide variety of stalls sold everything from souvenir coasters to magnets of the flower arrangements made by a church member. The festival raised £10,996.10 and, from this, a donation of £1,100 was given to Sheringham RNLI, the chosen charity for the event.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 8 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk