More than 100 newspapers stolen in spate of thefts across north Norfolk
Police are appealing for information after spate of criminal damage and thefts across north Norfolk and Broadland.
Sometime between 10pm on Friday, November 19 and 3am on Saturday, November 20, thieves stole more than 100 newspapers from a shop in Briston and 24 eggs from a roadside stall.
The thieves then drove through a number of villages and towns in the area, including Cawston, Reepham, Foulsham, Hindolveston, Briston, Melton constable and Bawdeswell throwing the stolen items from their vehicle.
A number of village signs, road signs and business signs were also stolen in the area, which have since been recovered.
Four people have been arrested in connection with the thefts and damage.
You may also want to watch:
A 24-year-old woman from Melton Constable, and two 15-year-old girls from Cromer and Melton Constable, were arrested on Saturday, November 20, and an 18-year-old male from Briston, was arrested on Sunday, November 21, all on suspicion of criminal damage.
They have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
Anyone with information should contact PC Kim Lowe at Fakenham Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.