More success for fighters from Cromer gym
A clutch of fighters from Fighting Fit Martial Arts in Cromer had success in their latest mixed martial arts, K1 and grappling bouts in Norwich and Ipswich.
Fighting at East Coast Fight Factory's MMA and K1 show on July 2, there were wins for Jurij Krivenko, Jack Mezzetti and Dean Cubitt.
Cubitt and Mezzetti won by submission - Cubitt by arm triangle and Mezzetti by triangle choke in just 65 seconds. Krivenko extended his K1 record to eight wins and no defeats as he clinched a unanimous points victory.
Liam Wade and Piotr Szepaniak both lost on points after fights that could have gone either way.
On July 3, Joel Smithson, Daniel Cooper and Sam Spencer travelled to Ipswich to compete in Go to the Ground, a submission grappling competition.
It was the first competition for all three fighters. Smithson won gold in his division with Cooper winning silver. Spencer did not win a medal but fought well.
John Mezzetti, gym owner and senior coach, said: 'Every time the guys from FFMA compete, they get better and better. We have some great talent coming through and the results speak for themselves.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 7 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 8 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 9 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 10 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
'I'm really proud to be part of a great team. I would also like to thank Barry Jones, whose help coaching and cornering is indispensable. He makes my job so much easier.'