More discussions will be held over Wetherspoon coming to town
- Credit: Archant
More discussions will be held over a much wished-for JD Wetherspoon in a Norfolk town after a meeting was held between the two main parties.
Wetherspoon first said it wanted to open a pub in the old North Walsham Town Council offices in New Road five years ago.
But no contracts have been exchanged despite the firm saying it still wants to move to the town.
The ruling Liberal Democrats at North Norfolk District Council have been reviewing the building's future, with a number of options being considered.
A spokesman from North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) said: "We had a constructive meeting about the future of JD Wetherspoon in North Walsham on Tuesday, January 21.
You may also want to watch:
"Various options were discussed and further discussions are likely to be held between both parties."
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: "We agree with the statement put out by the council. We remain keen to open a Wetherspoon pub in North Walsham."
- 1 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 2 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay