More discussions will be held over Wetherspoon coming to town
- Credit: Archant
More discussions will be held over a much wished-for JD Wetherspoon in a Norfolk town after a meeting was held between the two main parties.
Wetherspoon first said it wanted to open a pub in the old North Walsham Town Council offices in New Road five years ago.
But no contracts have been exchanged despite the firm saying it still wants to move to the town.
The ruling Liberal Democrats at North Norfolk District Council have been reviewing the building's future, with a number of options being considered.
A spokesman from North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) said: "We had a constructive meeting about the future of JD Wetherspoon in North Walsham on Tuesday, January 21.
You may also want to watch:
"Various options were discussed and further discussions are likely to be held between both parties."
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: "We agree with the statement put out by the council. We remain keen to open a Wetherspoon pub in North Walsham."
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history