Missing man found on beach near Cromer
Victoria LeggettA man thought to have jumped off the pier at Cromer was found safe on the beach following a search by police, coastguards and the town's lifeboat crew.Victoria Leggett
A man thought to have jumped off the pier in Cromer was found safe on the beach following a search by police, coastguards and the town's lifeboat crew.
The Cromer Inshore Lifeboat was launched at about 3.25am today (Monday) following reports from police that a 26-year-old may have been in the water.
The crew began searching an area around the pier using torches and white parachute flares before moving eastwards to Overstrand where they checked the beach and the water around the groynes.
A police spokesman said the man was found 'safe and well' by the coastguard's land team at about 4.30am at Mile Point, east of the promenade at Cromer.
You may also want to watch:
He was checked by paramedics but was not thought to have any injuries.
The lifeboat returned to shore just after 5am.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 6 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 7 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 10 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes