Missing man found on beach near Cromer
Victoria LeggettA man thought to have jumped off the pier at Cromer was found safe on the beach following a search by police, coastguards and the town's lifeboat crew.Victoria Leggett
A man thought to have jumped off the pier in Cromer was found safe on the beach following a search by police, coastguards and the town's lifeboat crew.
The Cromer Inshore Lifeboat was launched at about 3.25am today (Monday) following reports from police that a 26-year-old may have been in the water.
The crew began searching an area around the pier using torches and white parachute flares before moving eastwards to Overstrand where they checked the beach and the water around the groynes.
A police spokesman said the man was found 'safe and well' by the coastguard's land team at about 4.30am at Mile Point, east of the promenade at Cromer.
You may also want to watch:
He was checked by paramedics but was not thought to have any injuries.
The lifeboat returned to shore just after 5am.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 7 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 8 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 9 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 10 In pictures: Marvellous costumes at previous 1940s festivals