Missing man found on beach near Cromer
Victoria LeggettA man thought to have jumped off the pier at Cromer was found safe on the beach following a search by police, coastguards and the town's lifeboat crew.Victoria Leggett
A man thought to have jumped off the pier in Cromer was found safe on the beach following a search by police, coastguards and the town's lifeboat crew.
The Cromer Inshore Lifeboat was launched at about 3.25am today (Monday) following reports from police that a 26-year-old may have been in the water.
The crew began searching an area around the pier using torches and white parachute flares before moving eastwards to Overstrand where they checked the beach and the water around the groynes.
A police spokesman said the man was found 'safe and well' by the coastguard's land team at about 4.30am at Mile Point, east of the promenade at Cromer.
He was checked by paramedics but was not thought to have any injuries.
The lifeboat returned to shore just after 5am.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 4 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 5 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 6 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 7 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 10 Sole survivor peregrine chick is ringed