Missing man found on beach near Cromer
Victoria LeggettA man thought to have jumped off the pier at Cromer was found safe on the beach following a search by police, coastguards and the town's lifeboat crew.Victoria Leggett
A man thought to have jumped off the pier in Cromer was found safe on the beach following a search by police, coastguards and the town's lifeboat crew.
The Cromer Inshore Lifeboat was launched at about 3.25am today (Monday) following reports from police that a 26-year-old may have been in the water.
The crew began searching an area around the pier using torches and white parachute flares before moving eastwards to Overstrand where they checked the beach and the water around the groynes.
A police spokesman said the man was found 'safe and well' by the coastguard's land team at about 4.30am at Mile Point, east of the promenade at Cromer.
You may also want to watch:
He was checked by paramedics but was not thought to have any injuries.
The lifeboat returned to shore just after 5am.
- 1 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 10 Rare melanistic seal pups caught on camera